Picked up a bersa plus cheap with short report.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I bought me a bersa thunder plus in nickel a few weeks back for $290 out the door and couldn't pass it up. The look and feel of a ppk made it just like a bug light. It has a good heft to it for a small size weapon and the double stack 15round mag gives it a great feel. The 3.5inch fixed barrel really gives this little guy great accuracy. For the first time out shooting it I set up my target 15yards out and noticed it was a bit left on target. After a quick 1.5click on the rear adjustable sight we were dead on. At 45 feet I destroyed the 6" black target in rapid and off hand. In any position it shot great. I blew through 250rounds of wwb,Remington and a box hornady xtp's and had zero malfunctions from the weapon. It failed to lock back on the last round once and from the sound of the round it sounded week. It checks out awesome in my book and wanting the 9mm uc version.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have had a few Bersa .380s including two different plus models. I have never had a complaint. They have always shot everything I fed them and were quite accurate. Unfortunately, many people feel they are a bit too big for a BUG and a bit too weak for an EDC. YMMV, enjoy.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    I've said it a half dozen times on here...Bersa has to be the single most under-rated handgun maker in the world.

If they charged $500 for their guns instead of $300, they would probably get more respect.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Glad you like them. My father's first handgun was the Bersa Thunder .380 (single stack 7rd mag) and he loves it. Good quality piece, very accurate and to this point 100% dependable. At one point in time I detail cleaned it for him after seeing what looked like rust on the outside of the slide, however it came out.

If .380 wasn't so damn expensive I'd probably own one - hard to beat for the price. I just like to shoot what I own.

I would like to say though, having held a Firestorm 22 at Bradis before I would like one of those! It's identical to the Thunder 380 in size but fires the 22LR round. Nice!

EDIT:

Albeit chunky as hell, my dad's Bersa Ultra Compact Pro 40 feels fairly well too (it came from factory with some pitting in the slide. no mechanical defects though so he doesn't mind). Kicks like a pissed mule but the trigger is sweet and worth checking out. A major plus is it has a LCI / Loaded Chamber Indicator on top similiar to the HS2000/Springfield XD series handguns on top where the slide meets the top of the barrel.

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    I love the way the thunder feels in.my hand but opted to go 9mm instead of. 380 as its cheaper and more readily available - glad. Like it!!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sorry, when you said Thunder "plus" I thought it was a .380. I didn't know they made the plus model in any other caliber.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    They are good guns for the money. I bought a Firestorm for my future ex-wife and she liked it (probably still does, I guess). It always felt a bit small in my paws, though it shot well.

Oh, and although it looks real similar to a PPK the trigger guard is a bit bigger. A molded holster for a PPK won't work with the .380 Firestorm. Learned that one the hard way.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Have 2 Bersa .380s. No issues, and easy to carry. Ammo isn't cheap, so I don't blow off a lot of rounds. 1 is the 7 shot, 1 is the 15 shot. Both shoot JHPs no problem.

Top Bottom