• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Last week I picked up two mosins and today I found one on armslist. So I'm the proud owner of three mosin 91/30

IMAG1265.jpg

Far right I call number 1 is a 1941 Izzy
    Center I call number 2 is a 1942 Izzy
    Far left I call number 3 is a 1942 Izzy

Number 1 and 3 have sloppy triggers but I am going to start polishing them and maybe add spacers.

Number 2 has a AWESOME trigger it is very clean break and breaks very soft.

Do have a question for you experts. Number 3 I picked up today it has been all cleaned and oiled but after inspecting everything I saw two problems.

First the spring in the magazine is shorter then the others. The one that lifts the rounds up to be feed. Doing some test feeds it looks like it is working ok but if it will cause issue later I would like to go ahead and replace it if I can.
    IMAG1264.jpg

Second thing was as the trigger is kinda sloppy and has a long pull it hits the back of the finger guard before it fires. So pretty much it won't fire. As that item doesn't have a serial number I swapped it with number two has it had a bigger opening. To me it has a very long trigger pull and it just bottomed out in the guard so I swapped it with number 2 and they both work fine.

Gave $99.99 for number 1 & 2
    Gave $80 for number 3 because "Something is wrong with the bolt and it won't fire"

With a bit of time they all checked out fine, Now to order some more ammo so I can go to the range.:D:

Last edited:

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Last week I picked up two mosins and today I found one on armslist. So I'm the proud owner of three mosin 91/30

Far right I call number 1 is a 1941 Izzy
    Center I call number 2 is a 1942 Izzy
    Far left I call number 3 is a 1942 Izzy

Number 1 and 3 have sloppy triggers but I am going to start polishing them and maybe add spacers.

Number 2 has a AWESOME trigger it is very clean break and breaks very soft.

Do have a question for you experts. Number 3 I picked up today it has been all cleaned and oiled but after inspecting everything I saw two problems.

First the spring in the magazine is shorter then the others. The one that lifts the rounds up to be feed. Doing some test feeds it looks like it is working ok but if it will cause issue later I would like to go ahead and replace it if I can.

Second thing was as the trigger is kinda sloppy and has a long pull it hits the back of the finger guard before it fires. So pretty much it won't fire. As that item doesn't have a serial number I swapped it with number two has it had a bigger opening.

Gave $99.99 for number 1 & 2
    Gave $80 for number 3 because "Something is wrong with the bolt and it won't fire"

Now to order some more ammo so I can go to the range.:D:

Missing trigger pin?

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Missing trigger pin?

I don't think so. I took number 3 apart to and the trigger looks just like number 2. I spent about 20-25 mins tring to find something broke or missing. I swapped magazine springs thinking it might have something to do with the tip missing. Swapped a few other things and it is something with the trigger guard/magazine well unit. The only thing I see diff is the one that was on number 2 was about 1/4" longer so I swapped them and both work fine now.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Very nice! And good job on fixing the trigger. If you do go to polishing and shimming to improve your trigger pull, be very carefully, its easy to go from o.k. to unsafe in a matter of a couple of file strokes.

Kalashnikov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Nice Mosins you got there. Isn't it great to be able to get a quality bolt action for less than $100?!?

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    LOL! Warhawk, you have been the biggest Mosin enthusiast on this forum lately. Those are some sexy Russian ladies that you have there. I would like to hear some responses on the trigger. My Mosin has almost a hair trigger. It is completely different from what I've heard others say, so I'm curious.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice rifles Warhawk! What I'm curious about is the one that has "something wrong with the bolt and won't fire." Is there an issue with the firing pin or firing pin spring? Those are easy fixes if so.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks everyone

LOL! Warhawk, you have been the biggest Mosin enthusiast on this forum lately. Those are some sexy Russian ladies that you have there. I would like to hear some responses on the trigger. My Mosin has almost a hair trigger. It is completely different from what I've heard others say, so I'm curious.

I'm sure others have had the loose triggers so going to start searching today hope work is slow and doesn't get in the way :) Like others have said what's not to love

Nice rifles Warhawk! What I'm curious about is the one that has "something wrong with the bolt and won't fire." Is there an issue with the firing pin or firing pin spring? Those are easy fixes if so.
    The seller said something wrong with firing pin but it was nothing with that it was the long trigger pull. I checked the firing pin height oth the tool and it looks fine.

Top Bottom