• ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    518iT.jpg

Got a 2nd 10/22. I was hanging out at my local LGS and an older man walks in with this 10/22. He wanted $150 for it but my LGS owner said $65 and the man declined so jokingly I said Id give him $80. He told me make it $100 and it was mine. Its a older Deluxe model without the barrel band my LGS owner said its worth every bit of what I paid for it. Ive been needing a new one after I stripped the threads for the scope mount on my old one. This one already has the mount on it so I shouldnt have to worry about it. Gonna throw my scope on it and sight it in in the next week or 2. Now my old one will be a tacticool project rifle.

Herp Derp this should be in long guns lol. Im tired forgive me Mods

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Great buy! I would love to hang out in a gun store and make offers to people wanting to sell their guns.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have several 10/22's. That is a great deal, way to go.

As for the factory ruger mount, they come loose really easy. I would take it off and make sure you have some blue loctite on the threads and re tighten it down.

Iyyobr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    I love it when that happens. You just cant beat a 10/22 for $100. If I had $125 to my name and I had to choose eat for the week or get the 10/22 I'd be askin ppl to borrow some ammo lol

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    I would buy them all day long for $100. its cool you have a good relationship with youre LGS like that, alot of them would get upset because youre trying to jack thier deal .

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Great buy! I would love to hang out in a gun store and make offers to people wanting to sell their guns.

I only get to do that one day a week

You know, you can drill out and tap the stripped holes on your old one

Yea I know but whats wrong with having 2 10/22s? I could fix it but I think I would do more harm than good.

I would buy them all day long for $100. its cool you have a good relationship with youre LGS like that, alot of them would get upset because youre trying to jack thier deal .

Oh its great. I think everyone should have a good relationship with a LGS. You also gotta know when you can sneak in. Both the LGS and the old man had declined the final deal thats when you get in on it. Most guys wont care just do your business outside.

Same here, that would be the life! :):
    You should see me the other 6 days a week :(

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    You know...I so Hate You! :D
    Just kidding, great find and at a beautiful price!!

I think out of all the weapons Ive owned, the 10/22 is my favorite!!
    All the different combinations, possibilities...a proven system that works!

Congrats! :yesway:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Had a similar experience a couple years ago. A guy walks in with a Smith model 60 and a Glock 26 needed $500 for both. The guy on duty didn't have $500 in the drawer or the OK to sign checks. Employee ASKED ME if I was interested. Needless to say I bought both guns. Right place, right time!:D

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    518iT.jpg

Got a 2nd 10/22. I was hanging out at my local LGS and an older man walks in with this 10/22. He wanted $150 for it but my LGS owner said $65 and the man declined so jokingly I said Id give him $80. He told me make it $100 and it was mine. Its a older Deluxe model without the barrel band my LGS owner said its worth every bit of what I paid for it. Ive been needing a new one after I stripped the threads for the scope mount on my old one. This one already has the mount on it so I shouldnt have to worry about it. Gonna throw my scope on it and sight it in in the next week or 2. Now my old one will be a tacticool project rifle.

Herp Derp this should be in long guns lol. Im tired forgive me Mods

Sweet gun, and congrats on excellent timing! I picked up a S&W M&P 15-22 sort of the same way. I got a great deal, but not nearly as good as what you scored.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    I got out of the 22 game a few years ago to finish funding my 77/44 deer rifle. However I was in a store trading some guns with a buddy (he picked up a 454 lever) and a kid walks in with a model 60 glenfield 22 . I patiently waited for the deal to unfold and was surprised he took 50. Tomorrow I'm going back in to said gunstore and offering 75$ for a quick turn around on their purchase. I was really hoping he would say no to the offer and I could get it for just a little more. yes I know it's a glenfield but I need a beat around 22 Been looking for a >100$ 22 for a while.

Good snag

Top Bottom