• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So a friend is selling his phoenix arms .22 for $50. He says it has lots of f2fire malfunctions...it only has 1 magazine. Was thinking it would be a good tackle box gun if i could get it running. Thoughts? Worst case i can take it to a gun buy back?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    You wont get it running. We've been working on one for a week in my gunsmithing class and even our teacher has no idea what more we can do to get it to work. Just put that $50 towards something a little better (which is basically anything except a phoenix).

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    phoenix.. aka jennings / bryco / jimenez = failure to WORK at ALL!

the last one i handled, i swear after a few mags, the firing pin got "worn" down from striking the shell, thus causing intermittent failure to fires.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    They are about $150.00 new. I had one, and it ran flawless. Try the CCI stingers, they seeem to do a little better. It may just need a good cleaning. I liked mine, and it was pretty accurate as well. It should be worth the fifty bucks.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    So a friend is selling his phoenix arms .22 for $50. He says it has lots of f2fire malfunctions...it only has 1 magazine. Was thinking it would be a good tackle box gun if i could get it running. Thoughts? Worst case i can take it to a gun buy back?

Crap, if you were closer to me I would come buy it. Little fluff n buff and it should work like a champ.

Lafayette Yeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I keep mine clean and well oiled and it runs quite well. Not dripping wet, but I can see oil on the slide. I had issues at first with the slide not locking up again, so I took some metal polishing compound, coated all the contact areas and hand cycled it a few hundred times. Clean the polish out, re-oil it and it's run fine ever since. I'll pocket carry it when it's more convenient than putting on the holster for my bigger gun.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I have a great time with mine. Shot the heck out of it today with WMT ammo. No problems and pretty dang accurate short range. No malfunctions of any kind, and it cycles really fast. I like mine. :yesway:

osbornk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Marion, Va
    Mine is great. The lifetime warranty says it is for the original owner only but a lot of people are saying that they take care of the problems with later owners just like Hi-Point. They are simple and the parts are cheap if the warranty doesn't cover it.

hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Sounds like a good buy to me. I paid $100 for a used one many years ago at Galyans. Still have it even though I don't shoot it too much. Had some fail to feed issues but they got better the more I shot it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have a Jennings 22 that functions better without the broken extractor. Some of the rounds fail to extract still, but I don't have to field strip to get the round out now :)

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    A gal pal of mine has one. She likes it. I put about hundred rounds thru it and she did likewise a few weeks ago. Seemed all right to me. Made for small hands I think. This had came with a long and short barrel and two magazines. One magazine had the pinky extension. I saw one in a pawn shop in Georgia last week. priced $175 new.
    For $50.00 I'd buy it.

Top Bottom