• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    While Chicago and New York get all the press about their lack of gun skills there are other departments that we should get forget. First among equals is of course Philadelphia PD.

Airline attendant leaves .38 revolver in purse. Security somehow catches it. Philly PD shows up and promptly ND into the airport attempting to "unload" it.

1. Don't wave guns around in public.

2. The notion pushed by politicians that a polyester uniform equates to competence with firearms is a silly lie.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/09/23/ooops-3/

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    He clearly wasn't trained on that specific weapon, and is therefore not liable. In fact, he needs a promotion so that he is no longer on the street handling weapons for which he is CLEARLY not qualified.

Now where'd that damned purple button go?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While Chicago and New York get all the press about their lack of gun skills there are other departments that we should get forget. First among equals is of course Philadelphia PD.

Airline attendant leaves .38 revolver in purse. Security somehow catches it. Philly PD shows up and promptly ND into the airport attempting to "unload" it.

2. The notion pushed by politicians that a polyester uniform equates to competence with firearms is a silly lie.

I think this is the take-home point for this thread.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    This is just the same old zero tolerance trash that we are facing more and more often.
    People forget. Get over it.
    People carry guns because this is America Get over it.
    Sometimes people carrying guns forget to follow silly rules and cause some drama.
    Get over it.
    Give the lady a break.

Oh yeah and fire the Philly LEO because he is a jack booted thug.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area

I love hearing this in articles in the various papers. Why is it that people think LEO are all well trained. I know for a fact that until Fries got into office Allen Co. only had qualification once a year and had a lot of trouble with officers not being able to pass shooting from a static stance at standard police silhouette. Now they do a couple a year and mix in some run and gun practice, but I personally do not think it is enough when you consider their occupation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I do not disagree with you Fries but I thought Allen County was more progressive than that.:dunno:

I mean Clint Smith was their FTU back when dinosaurs roamed the earf but I would think some institutional memory would still be around.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It ain't just politicians pushing the "LE experience = gun proficiency" line.

Just about every "trainer" touts their many years of service in the Podunkus PD as evidence of their skill.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It ain't just politicians pushing the "LE experience = gun proficiency" line.

Just about every "trainer" touts their many years of service in the Podunkus PD as evidence of their skill.

Very true, to the uninformed it may sound impressive. Same with those pushing military credentials, i've been on the trail with Rangers and yes even SF guys that weren't all that but I also met many that were. Realistically when you parse out what someone really needs to know for home/personal defense as far as gunhandling and tactics so many of the infantry/ranger/sf skills don't even come into play especially when the predominant firearm is a handgun.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I do not disagree with you Fries but I thought Allen County was more progressive than that.:dunno:

I mean Clint Smith was their FTU back when dinosaurs roamed the earf but I would think some institutional memory would still be around.
    Maybe for swat. I know they get alot more trigger time. Before Fries they had practice and qualification in same day. Standing shooting at different ranges strong and weak hand, but no moving and shooting.

Top Bottom