• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Pretty excited to be heading out to Thorn Bottom tomorrow for a little pheasant hunting.

If anyone is looking for a good spot to hunt Brad and Ann at Thorn Bottom have always had a great spot.

Ill try and remember to get a few pics for everyone to be jealous of

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Were doing some Chuckars with it as well, I think we usually spit it 75/25 pheasants to chuckars no quail though.(Put and take). My dad has a dog that we hunt with but a few buddies of ours will be going to so we will also be getting some of their dogs.
    There is actually about 10 of us going so we should be splitting up in 2 or 3 groups, they have many different fields out there so we wont be getting in each others way.
    Here is a photo from last year
    Hunting_zps59663487.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I was there the 2 nd weekend of December ! we had a good time Brad and Ann are good host ! the guide we had was Scott he did a fine job ! we didnt even have to touch a bird after it went down !
    hope you ar haveing a good hunt ! update us with photo's

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Great hunt we picked up 28 birds I went out with Scott too the other group went out with Ann. I'll be posting pics tomorrow.

Currently at the clubhouse eating pizza and beer.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I really miss pheasant hunting. When I lived at Albany, we'd buy pheasants from a game bird farm with flight pens and pick them up the first weekend of hunting season. I had free run of about 80 acres out behind my property and we'd release the birds back there. Some would head for cover, others would fly for a half mile or more. It was funny to hear neighbors telling about seeing a pheasant in their back yards :):.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I really miss pheasant hunting in Minnesota. Nothing like it. I have also done the put-n-takes around Indiana but it is not the same as taking wild birds. the birds are nowhere near as wiley/challenging. Don't get me wrong it is still a lot of fun and I will do it again but I'm not sure I would call it "hunting".

houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    It's a shame that indiana doesn't have the wild birds we had even 15 years ago.I still hunt wild birds but they are few and fewer .I still can't pay to have someone go sit birds out for me just doesn't seem like hunting no offense thats just me .Save your money and go to the dakotas wild birds that fly lots of fun

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I really miss pheasant hunting in Minnesota. Nothing like it. I have also done the put-n-takes around Indiana but it is not the same as taking wild birds. the birds are nowhere near as wiley/challenging. Don't get me wrong it is still a lot of fun and I will do it again but I'm not sure I would call it "hunting".

I have been wild pheasant hunting in Iowa and done a couple different put and takes. This place is the only place I have found around here that the put and takes fly as same as the wild. All of Brad and Anns pheasants are raised in a netted woods and, the only difference between the way these birds are raised is they cant leave the property and they are not prone to predators. These birds mate on their own, fly within in the woods and everything that a wild pheasant would do. If you like pheasant hunting but miss the wild flight you have to check out Brad and Anns.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Thorn Bottom is first rate! I've been 3 years in a row and have had a wonderful hunt each time. Brad and Ann are "Great Americans" and defenders of our 2nd Amendment Rights.

2013-01-06_12-22-40_840.jpg

Top Bottom