• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    So as y'all can tell my PF9 has failed me miserably also. Got a new extractor from keltec and put it in with some lock-tite on it's screw. Let it all set for about a month while I carried it. Went to shoot it yesterday shot 100 rounds and 25 of those had a FTE! The last mag EVERY round was a FTE. Plan on sending it to keltec ASAP this time around, cause I can't trust this piece of junk.

So here's my question,

what's a gun close to it's size that y'all carry all the time and doesn't fail you:draw:?

Doing my own shopping around now, but thought I'd get the professionals opinions :ingo:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I would try to find something made by Ruger you would be happy with. Maybe a LC9 or if you want to go a little bigger, a SR9C. Ruger are always reasonably priced and a good quality firearm IMO.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I'd be inclined to wait until Smith announces their new M&P to see if it might be the rumored single-stack 9mm. If it is I may swap my LC9 for that once it's actually available. Otherwise, I like the fit of the LC9 although it isn't w/o it's own set of problems. At least the long trigger pull is fixable.

Ruger Pistols - Ruger Forum

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I believe it's slightly smaller than the pf9 but I'm extremely happy with my Kahr cm9. 6+1 or 7+1 with the extended mag. I've never had any failures. It's probably a little more expensive than a ruger but well worth it to me.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would suggest looking at the Kahr line of 9mm. pistols.
    Well built and reliable in my experience and will have a much better trigger as well.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I have the LC9 by Ruger and it is a great little gun. Just about the same size as a PF9. Shoots great. When I first got it, I shot about 75 rounds through it with no problems. Good luck on your search.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    You should have sent the PF9 back to Kel-Tec to start with. Many of us have very reliable PF9's. I also chose the Beretta Nano as a carry weapon, sold my PM9. Depends on how much you got in your pocket.

FFJakeT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    +1 on the Ruger LC9. I just got one and love it. My EDC now, and I also have the SR9c, love it too, but a little bigger for sure.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You can give it to me. I'll plant a tobacco plant in my yard in your honor, and/or give you my mini fridge for it

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    A little salty, but I would suggest a walther PPS in 9mm it isn't for everyone, but is reliable, accurate, and very light on recoil. You get what you pay for with it in my opinion. I have a lot of rounds(600ish) through mine and not a single problem. Very concealable and close to the pf9 in size, but you do give up a couple rounds in the mag. Happy shopping for something new!:D

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I have the LC9 and was liking it but while shooting it last weekend the ejector, spring and plunger flew off to parts unknown. I called Ruger and they sent new parts, no charge. Haven't shot it yet after installing the new parts. I have also had several FTF, but at this time I believe that is a problem with the Wolf primers I used in my last reloading batch. I will need to spend a lot more time with the LC9 at the range to build my confidence back up. I still do like the size and fit for me, just hope the reliability is there.

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    I had been looking at both the PM9 and the LC9 before, but heard enough good about the PF9 I went for it. Since money is tight, but looks like I'll be going back to either of those weapons. Thanks for the suggestions for sure.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So as y'all can tell my PF9 has failed me miserably also. Got a new extractor from keltec and put it in with some lock-tite on it's screw. Let it all set for about a month while I carried it. Went to shoot it yesterday shot 100 rounds and 25 of those had a FTE! The last mag EVERY round was a FTE. Plan on sending it to keltec ASAP this time around, cause I can't trust this piece of junk.

So here's my question,

what's a gun close to it's size that y'all carry all the time and doesn't fail you:draw:?

Doing my own shopping around now, but thought I'd get the professionals opinions :ingo:

ALL semi auto's will fail, eventually. Some just far less than others. Revolvers fail far less than semi autos.

I have been strongly considering a small J frame S&W wheel gun. I love my MP (have the 5" Pro model), but it isn't exactly easy to CC. JMO.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    My boyfriend picked up a CM9 not to long ago. After the second mag I put through at the range, he was informed it's mine. :D

(that's not working out quite like I wanted for me.) :(

Top Bottom