• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ha that's ridiculous, you'd think they would do a little research before their protest.
    Or maybe they're actually brilliant and realize shouting down someone they agree with would make bigger news...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Ha that's ridiculous, you'd think they would do a little research before their protest.
    Or maybe they're actually brilliant and realize shouting down someone they agree with would make bigger news...
    I'll bet on the former scenario.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Isn't it more than just a little ironic when libtards 'shoot themselves in the foot'? :lmfao:

I was listening to some random conservative talk show today in which they were talking about how the tea party was peaceful and got all the permits and such when they went out protesting things. They were griping about any protest that became violent or destroyed property.
    Obviously the irony was lost on them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Based on personal experience, Berkeley (both the university and the city) is home to the most intolerant people in the USA. Well, that goes for most of the Bay Area, but I digress. Their level of intolerance of thoughts and speech that are not blessed by the sacred collective is never swayed by facts or logic. If it's not on the approved list, you can't think it, say it, or write, even if what you're really thinking, saying, or writing has any connection whatsoever to the collective's assumptions and judgment.

This is, of course, exacerbated by the delicious irony of their disdain and contempt for what they perceive to be "intolerance."

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Based on personal experience, Berkeley (both the university and the city) is home to the most intolerant people in the USA. Well, that goes for most of the Bay Area, but I digress. Their level of intolerance of thoughts and speech that are not blessed by the sacred collective is never swayed by facts or logic. If it's not on the approved list, you can't think it, say it, or write, even if what you're really thinking, saying, or writing has any connection whatsoever to the collective's assumptions and judgment.

This is, of course, exacerbated by the delicious irony of their disdain and contempt for what they perceive to be "intolerance."

I thought you were talking about INGO for a second. My bad.

Appears to be the rise of a Sturmabteilung here in America, carrying out the desires of some in the government. As with the SA, they're trying to provoke reactions, attack the officially-disfavored and intimidate the burghers.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the article: "The Thiel event had been sponsored by the Berkeley Forum, which is "a non-partisan, student-run organization at the University of California, Berkeley,""

[video=youtube;FClGhto1vIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClGhto1vIg[/video]

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012

I find it interesting that the ONE thing the left will not tolerate is dissent. If one is intolerant of intolerance itself, simply disagreeing is intolerant.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I find it interesting that the ONE thing the left will not tolerate is dissent. If one is intolerant of intolerance itself, simply disagreeing is intolerant.

It's giant sledge hammer-level irony and the best part is, they don't get it.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The first loss to anarchy is always free speech. Despite Thiel's political views (which apparently Berkeley students could not Google up), it is sad that Berkely students shut him down.

Libertarian Peter Thiel, shut down by anti-police state activists, decrying Thiel's support for NSA and a police state.

Berkeley Protests Shut Down Peter Thiel Speech

"First loss to anarchy"?

Maybe you meant to say Totalitarianism?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    "First loss to anarchy"?

Maybe you meant to say Totalitarianism?
    Either one, really. Anarchy allows the many to subjugate the few leaving those few without freedom. Totalitarianism is the opposite, with the few subjugating the many and removing the freedoms of those many. Mob rule and dictatorship are both harmful to basic freedoms.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom