• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls - cbs13.com

Because that clearly doesn't defeat the purpose of needing to call someone in case of an emergency. Now, not only are the police mere minutes away, they are also one bribe of $48 dollars away.

I wonder if this will prompt anyone in the PRK to actually take responsibility and to carry arms, or if they will allow themselves to be blackmailed in order to use a public service.

Only time will tell...

I'm glad to be an armed Hoosier.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Oh, good lord! Two thumbs down on that idea.

I would think that the residents would be challenging the fee, but it is California after all.

I'm amazed that people seem to be okay with assenting to bribery.

Just like voluntarily contributing to the local fire department here in Evansville, or paying them a fee every time they have to stop by.

The things with which people will put up in this country astound me at times.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I was thinking of a neighbor seeing a house on fire, doesn't have the paperwork tracking number so s/he doesn't get charged the fee again, and then is fearful of calling the fire department and being charged again. Take the chance of burning a whole town down because of not having the fee? No thank you.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    California is a failed state. The sad part is, it may be a vision for what is to come for the rest of us if we continue down the path we are on now.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I'm in for a butt kicking, but I agree with the 911 fee. 911 gets so many frivolous calls, that the good ones can't get through. People will call 911 to ask for the bus schedule, the time, to complain about bad service at McDonald's, etc. I think that people who use 911 in such a completely stupid way should be cited and fined. It's the only way to help the guy in the mall having a heart attack, or the lady who's alone at home and hears a bad guy rattling her door knob.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm in for a butt kicking, but I agree with the 911 fee. 911 gets so many frivolous calls, that the good ones can't get through. People will call 911 to ask for the bus schedule, the time, to complain about bad service at McDonald's, etc. I think that people who use 911 in such a completely stupid way should be cited and fined. It's the only way to help the guy in the mall having a heart attack, or the lady who's alone at home and hears a bad guy rattling her door knob.

The fee should only apply to those idiots and not be a blanket charge.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

The fee should only apply to those idiots and not be a blanket charge.

Bingo. There are idiot drivers on the road, but only the reckless drivers caught by police are fined. There are stupid, irresponsible gun owners out there, but not all of us should have to pay for their misdeeds.

....oh, and I'm one of the guys who gets to go check on some of these nimrods. Try rolling up to a house where someone has been reported to have difficulty breathing, only to have the "patient" meet you out at the curb. With a suitcase packed.

I've been known to refer to such people as having "Samsonitis".

A friend told me that at his EMS job, he's responded to a particular patient three times IN ONE (12-hour) SHIFT! He made a few calls several days ago to Medicare/Medicaid and did not identify who he was with... He wanted to report abuse of the system in re: this person, who is transported to ER several times a week. Medicaid told him that the patient would never be investigated nor charged with any crime, including false reporting to EMS, but that the hospital and the EMS service would be the ones investigated and charged for continually transporting to ER a patient they knew needed nothing done, and no, the fact that they are mandated to take the patient if he requests to go made no difference.

Our government at work.

Blessings,
    Bill

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    My cousin is an EMT/Fireman and he has had some pretty good stories about the South Bend area. Bums calling for rides. They had to pick one guy up twice in one day to take him to the hospital for his stomach. After each free meal he was fine again. I don't think a blanket fee should exist, but a prerequisite for calling, just like there should be for "Man with Gun" calls. Plus, how do you penalize a hobo who steals shopping carts and lives under a bridge? Is he going to pay back his fee with rotting teeth? Maybe we could take his stolen shopping cart full of pop cans away? It's just another crappy situation that gets abused by morons and semi-human beings. The problem is once again...the people.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If I'm not mistaken, don't we already pay a nominal monthly 911 fee in Indiana? I could have sworn that I've seen that on my land line and cell phone bills before. Will have to dig a couple of out the file cabinet to check.

I would like to see something done to reduce the amount of frivalous use of 911, but I'm not sure this tactic is the way to go.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If I'm not mistaken, don't we already pay a nominal monthly 911 fee in Indiana? I could have sworn that I've seen that on my land line and cell phone bills before. Will have to dig a couple of out the file cabinet to check.

I would like to see something done to reduce the amount of frivalous use of 911, but I'm not sure this tactic is the way to go.
    There are embedded 911 fees as well as the fact that they are funded through taxation, as well. These people in Tracy are getting it high and hard.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    It seems a political move. The politicians over there say that if they have to cut the budget, police and fire will have to suffer...

Looks like they're more intent on saving seals than people...

Top Bottom