• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I think what they are really up to, is they are hoping to talk about this as a bipartisan piece of legislation for all future presidents, but they only want to get it passed, because they believe if they take the White House, they will be able to set Sleepy Joe aside, make Kamala the president, and Crazy Nancy becomes Vice President! How many times have you heard about a Harris administration? I even heard someone on the news yesterday talking about a Harris administration doing this and that, like Biden wasn't even in the picture.

Carl Albert was Speaker of the House when Richard Nixon resigned the Presidency, but he did not “automatically” replace Gerald Ford as Vice President (Nelson Rockefeller was appointed VP by Ford and confirmed by Congress in accordance with the first application of the 25th Amendment to the succession of the President by the Vice President).

The Speaker assumes the Presidency only if the offices of President and Vice President are simultaneously vacant. Therefore if Biden were to be elected to and subsequently removed from the Presidency, and Harris were to succeed him, the Speaker (whomever that might be) would only become Vice President if nominated by the President and subsequently confirmed by both houses of Congress.

Before the Presidential Succession Act of 1947, the Secretary of State was next in line to succeed to the Presidency should both the offices of President and Vice President become simultaneously vacant. When FDR died in office, HST could not fill the office of Vice President, so he chose his old mentor James Byrnes for Secretary of State to replace to replace Edward Stettinius Jr.

The passage of the 1947 Act put the Speaker back in line to succeed to the Presidency, followed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate (reversing the order prescribed in the 1792 succession act that was revised in 1886 to vest Presidential Succession only in members of the Cabinet).

You will note that when JFK was assassinated, Speaker John McCormack did not “automatically” become Vice President to replace LBJ, as this replacement was not authorized by the 1947 Act.

About the only way that Pelosi could become Acting President (assuming she remains Speaker after the 2020 Election) would be in the event of an Electoral College deadlock on 3 January 2021, followed by the failure both the House to elect a President and the Senate to elect a Vice President (who would serve as “Acting President” until the House fulfilled its obligation to elect a President) in accordance with the 12th Amendment before DJT’s term expires at 1200 EST on 20 January 2021.

Now, for a real nightmare scenario:
    1) Biden/Harris are elected, and the Donkeys win a majority in both houses.
    2) Shortly after Biden is sworn in, Harris and the Biden Cabinet assert that Biden is incapacitated.
    3) Biden is removed from office (willingly or unwillingly), and Harris automatically succeeds him as President.
    4) Harris nominates The Hildebeest for Vice President.
    5) The Hildebeest is confirmed by a bloc vote of the Donkeys, obtaining a majority vote in both houses of Congress.
    6) Harris resigns from office, and The Hildebeest automatically succeeds her as President.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    [video=youtube;cf8iFGshtEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8iFGshtEM[/video]

"This is not about Pres. Trump. He will face the judgment of the voters. But he shows the need to create a process for future presidents … a president’s fitness for office must be determined by science and facts"

Has Biden seen this yet? ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    We all knew their plan from the start. They just continue to show their secrets, and think we’re too dumb to see what they’re doing. Why choose Biden as your candidate if you have no intention on him being the POTUS? Was it to try to gain the more moderate independent voters?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    [video=youtube;lQ2U8S0-1p8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ2U8S0-1p8[/video]

Looks like someone was smart enough to identify what is actually going on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think what they are really up to, is they are hoping to talk about this as a bipartisan piece of legislation for all future presidents, but they only want to get it passed, because they believe if they take the White House, they will be able to set Sleepy Joe aside, make Kamala the president, and Crazy Nancy becomes Vice President! How many times have you heard about a Harris administration? I even heard someone on the news yesterday talking about a Harris administration doing this and that, like Biden wasn't even in the picture.

possibility

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

[video=youtube;P6oJC6pB71U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6oJC6pB71U[/video]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One has to wonder what went on behind the scenes leading up to Harris ultimately becoming the VP pick and who was all involved in that decision making.

I would not totally dismiss offhand that they have a plan to try and take out Biden after seeing the numorous attempts they cooked up to take out Trump to get their way.

The only thing I can see being different is that alot of Democrats that support Biden I believe would not take kindly to those that would seek to use the 25th amendment to depose him whereas it seems that alot of them did'nt care about the underhanded tactics they used to try and take out Trump.

IMO everyone should be concerned about any party that engages in that kind of political chicanery.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    One has to wonder what went on behind the scenes leading up to Harris ultimately becoming the VP pick and who was all involved in that decision making.

I would not totally dismiss offhand that they have a plan to try and take out Biden after seeing the numorous attempts they cooked up to take out Trump to get their way.

The only thing I can see being different is that alot of Democrats that support Biden I believe would not take kindly to those that would seek to use the 25th amendment to depose him whereas it seems that alot of them did'nt care about the underhanded tactics they used to try and take out Trump.

IMO everyone should be concerned about any party that engages in that kind of political chicanery.
    If the Democrat's voters were concerned then:
    - there would have been reform when Hilary was gifted the nomination over Bernie
    - there would have been outcry when the rules were changed to prevent Tulsi from taking part in debates
    - there would have been outcry when the rules were changed to allow Bloomberg to take part in the debates
    - there would have been reform when the candidates who appealed to many of the same voters as Biden (Klobachar, Buttigieg) all dropped out around the same time to boost Biden past Bernie in the primaries

The Democrats have given the appearance that they want their voters to turn out and vote, but in the way that the party decides. The media and party kept selling Kamala as 'their' candidate. The voters wanted Biden, and Kamala didn't get anywhere near the public support Biden did. Now they're using Biden as a way to get Kamala into office.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If the Democrat's voters were concerned then:
    - there would have been reform when Hilary was gifted the nomination over Bernie
    - there would have been outcry when the rules were changed to prevent Tulsi from taking part in debates
    - there would have been outcry when the rules were changed to allow Bloomberg to take part in the debates
    - there would have been reform when the candidates who appealed to many of the same voters as Biden (Klobachar, Buttigieg) all dropped out around the same time to boost Biden past Bernie in the primaries

The Democrats have given the appearance that they want their voters to turn out and vote, but in the way that the party decides. The media and party kept selling Kamala as 'their' candidate. The voters wanted Biden, and Kamala didn't get anywhere near the public support Biden did. Now they're using Biden as a way to get Kamala into office.
    I agree that this was all designed to get Kamala into position. That's why I would like to know what went on behind the scenes and who was influencing Biden's decision to choose her.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I agree that this was all designed to get Kamala into position. That's why I would like to know what went on behind the scenes and who was influencing Biden's decision to choose her.
    Was Biden influenced, or did he paint himself into a corner? Remember, he committed to having a female of color as his VP pick. There are only a small number within the Democrat party, who not only match that criteria, but also have the name recognition.

I think, in that regard, Kamala may have been the least worst pick. But, given the fawning press, and the way that the DNC punished Tulsi, Kamala was clearly a DNC favorite.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Was Biden influenced, or did he paint himself into a corner? Remember, he committed to having a female of color as his VP pick. There are only a small number within the Democrat party, who not only match that criteria, but also have the name recognition.

I think, in that regard, Kamala may have been the least worst pick. But, given the fawning press, and the way that the DNC punished Tulsi, Kamala was clearly a DNC favorite.
    Seems to me that if the DNC and other Democrat members have some sort of agenda Kamala would IMO be the one to go along with it and that's what made me wonder who was involved with that decision.

It's been pointed out that Kamala has on numorous occasion referred to it as a "Harris administration". So there is that.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Seems to me that if the DNC and other Democrat members have some sort of agenda Kamala would IMO be the one to go along with it and that's what made me wonder who was involved with that decision.

It's been pointed out that Kamala has on numorous occasion referred to it as a "Harris administration". So there is that.
    Yup, she has. And the media has not challenged her on that statement. Add in Biden's comments about being a transitional candidate, and this stunt by Pelosi, and that looks like their voters' intentions are about to be subverted. Again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    She is priming the pump. This has nothing to do with Trump but everything to do with getting America familiar with the concept of the 25th amendment before Biden is swept aside.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It just seems to me that elements of the Democrat party are always scheming to subvert the natural election process. Even after the elections have taken place.

Top Bottom