• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    If she put down the camera and picked up an AR she'd fit right in-- already has all the cool lookin' web gear. :D

And it sure was nice of that kid from Twilight to support the Indy crowd. :laugh:

Shortly after these two pictures were taken, disaster struck. I dropped my 70-200L lens (same big white lens as seen beeing carried by the indy star chick in the the second picture) on the sidewalk. It cracked the housing in multiple places. Not cool.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Shortly after these two pictures were taken, disaster struck. I dropped my 70-200L lens (same big white lens as seen beeing carried by the indy star chick in the the second picture) on the sidewalk. It cracked the housing in multiple places. Not cool.
    When I saw that, my immediate response was "that sounded expensive".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This chick was with the Indy Star as well. From the portion of the interview that I heard, I gathered that she was very anti-second amendment.
    IN2ARallyMarch9_02.jpg

IN2ARallyMarch9_02A.jpg

This is the golden opportunity that the march should be about. The opportunity to espress our beliefs to the masses.
    Who was our PR person that interviewed with her?
    What is her name and contact info?
    Did you get her business card?
    Does she have your info for further followup interviews?

And further with the interview;
    What is her opinion of the 2nd Amendment?
    Of self defense? Not being a victim?
    Of the mom march on the other side?
    Did anyone make an appointment with her to come to the range to show the safe and proper use of the firearms she is looking at?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't "do" facebook, and I have been working, both Sat., that the two, downtown, were held .....
    3 actually, 2 Saturday and one
    ||
    ||
    \/
    February 8th was a Friday.

That is was. I took the day off work and put nearly 800 miles on my car that day.

SSGSAD,

I don't expect everyone to take multiple days off work, or drive 800 miles to attend a rally. I made the first two and not the most recent Million Mothers March.

I do expect gun owners to make some effort, to at least occasionally do something that requires them to step away from the keyboard and show they actually care about their Rights.

When the occasional large, nationwide gathering is occurring, especially in ones home town or within an hours drive, people should move Heaven and Earth to try and attend.

I personally find it deplorable that any self respecting supporter of RKBA would be milling around a gun show less than 10 miles away from a Rally where a thousand others are, in fact, carrying their water.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Don't lay the blame

The only blame to be laid is upon the individuals who knew about the rally and didn't, being able to reasonably make adjustments to their daily lives, attend.

The previous questions and answers were related to why more people didn't know and/or about promotion of events.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Just an idea. I wonder if it would be worth it to organize a pro-Constitution/ 2nd Admendment motorcycle ride for this summer, sometime around the 4th of July.

Just an idea....

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Here are all the attendees of the March 9th 2nd amendment rally…
    IN2ARallyMarch9_01.jpg

Pictured is a reporter from the Indy Star interviewing two attendees…
    IN2ARallyMarch9_02.jpg

IN2ARallyMarch9_03.jpg

Even youngins attended the rally...
    IN2ARallyMarch9_04.jpg

If you look closely you can see the receiver of the MAK-90 this reenactor was carrying.
    IN2ARallyMarch9_05.jpg

This is a picture of a TV camera man taking TV footage of a photographer taking a picture of a TV camera man...
    IN2ARallyMarch9_06.jpg

Fellow INGOer touches one of the steel I-beams from the 911 memorial…
    IN2ARallyMarch9_07.jpg

That gun looks heavy...
    IN2ARallyMarch9_08.jpg

A rally attendee mans a crosswalk...
    IN2ARallyMarch9_09.jpg

IN2ARallyMarch9_10.jpg

IN2ARallyMarch9_11.jpg

Law enforcement was present during the rally. No laws were broken so the day was uneventful for them.
    IN2ARallyMarch9_12.jpg

Troy Industries two point slings make great tactical camera straps...
    IN2ARallyMarch9_13.jpg

If you ever find yourself in downtown Indianapolis, I highly recommend going to City market just east of Memorial Circle and going to Mauricio’s Pizzeria...
    IN2ARallyMarch9_14.jpg

The pizza at Mauricio’s Pizzeria is outstanding...
    IN2ARallyMarch9_15.jpg

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    FTR: This was a small rally started AFTER the rally on the 8th of February by "Indiana Mom's Against Gun Control" on Facebook - this is truly a grass roots organization, by an indiana mom who has been to the counter rally on the Jan 26 and the Feb 8 rally in downtown indy.

I got there late, and it all seemed about like normal; The MDAfGSiA (formerly OMMfGC) had broken up and dispanded their 'counter rally' (a fact missed by the news meida) by 11:30. They were gone when the remaining folks did the big walk around the block. I think we out numbered them 2 or 3 to 1 at least at the peak.

+1 to CarRamrod, who has been at the rally's (I may have missed you Saturday) for getting this on listed on INGO. I will add that the organizer is doing her part and then some to try and stand in the gap; There is a letter w/ signatures to Sen Coats and Sen Donnelly - they were collecting signatures on these and planning to send them.

The plan is now she will be at the 1500 this weekend (I don't know all the details) getting more signatures; and then delivering them IN PERSON to each of the senators. The letter is simple and to the point opposing the main restrictions being proposed: AWB, Magazine Limits, "Universal Background Checks" (i.o.w. registration) ...

I am sure there will be additional rallys at some point as well.

Also +1 to UziButton for the photos ... sorry to hear about the lens; daughter and neighbor both being photographers ... I'll leave it at "OUCH" ...

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

Ugh. It sounded bad from 50' away, but I was hoping you got lucky.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I was there talking to Car and a couple others when you dropped your lens... I was thinking to myself... man, there goes the price of my vz.58 decked out.... sorry for your loss I know lenses are extremely pricey. :(

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    The problem was that I inadvertently put the lens in a coat pocket that was already occupied with another lens all while signing the petitions being passed around. This resulted in the lens tipping out of the pocket and crashing to the ground. Not good. I sent an email to Canon regarding repair. No word back yet.

I was there talking to Car and a couple others when you dropped your lens... I was thinking to myself... man, there goes the price of my vz.58 decked out.... sorry for your loss I know lenses are extremely pricey. :(

Top Bottom