• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Can they? Sure, out of the billions of transactions daily that info can be mined.

Is it likely to really be an issue? No. Especially if you are the couple of boxes a month type.

I spend a couple hundred bucks a month on ammo and reloading supplies and I've never worried about paying for some of it with my CC.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I think you are overestimating the abilities of the Federal Government!

Imagine the amount of manpower it would take to keep up with all of that!

If you are the target of some investigation where you are the ringleader of some major criminal enterprise, they might start looking into your purchases. Otherwise, they don't have the manpower to cover 300 million Americans.

They are not worried that you may have stockpiles of 9mm ammunition for recreation or home defense or whatever.

They have predator drones with Hellfire missiles for goodness sake!

Like my dad used to say, "Son, the world ain't out to get you, 'cause you ain't that big a deal!"

Vanguard.45

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    recently i herd (warning strictly speculation).... that they are going to micro chip the bullets so that when they extract the bullet from the body (or w/e its in) they can scan it and find out who purchased it by credit card

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I heard that Walmart launched their own tracking birds to keep an eye out on every single round they sell. They know who you are, and what you are thinking.

When I buy ammo from Walmart, I make my wife pay for it.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    First off, A big welcome to the site. Lot's of good information available here.

As to your question, call me paranoid or whatever,
    I prefer to use cash on certain purchases, ammo being one of them.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I did say you could call me paranoid so I have it coming.

I do seem to purchase a lot of odd things in larger quantities, some being questionable. (but legal)

I also know that buying sudifed cold medicine at 2-locations in short time span can bring in the law.

I just prefer to stay below the radar and get lost in the shadows.

Last edited:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Are they? No.

Could they? Yes. Will they? Not in the near future. If you are drawing enough attention to yourself that they would be interest in your ammo habits, they arent going to care if you are paying cash or using plastic. Stores have security cameras, they could follow you, they could put a GPS device on your car (fun fact, they dont even need a warrant!), etc. I suppose you dont have an LTCH and have never bought a gun from a dealer, right? Because there are two more ways they KNOW you have guns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Some of you are really out of touch with reality. The fact is somewhere around 65% of all americans (working) are employeed by the government.

That's a lot of people working for the governemnt. Why do you think they're gettign so up in arms about wikileaks. Becasue they have the power and they use it to track your every move.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to INGO

First off, A big welcome to the site. Lot's of good information available here.

As to your question, call me paranoid or whatever,
    I prefer to use cash on certain purchases, ammo being one of them.

Does it matter if you pay by cash, check or credit card?
    Can big brother monitor your ammo purchase?

tinfoilcats.jpg

Just playin' with you Bro!

TK ;)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Some of you are really out of touch with reality. The fact is somewhere around 65% of all americans (working) are employeed by the government.

That's a lot of people working for the governemnt. Why do you think they're gettign so up in arms about wikileaks. Becasue they have the power and they use it to track your every move.

Try 10%, including military, police, and public school system. Where the heck did you get your outrageous number?

And they are in arms over Wikileaks because of "classified" documents that got leaked, and many other documents that may implicate US officials (and powerful business people) in questionable activities.

That is the problem with paranoid people, they hear some hot ticket subject and blow it out of proportion without understanding or verifying anything.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Again, you guys are giving WAAAAAAAY too much credit to the government!

Trust me on this one.

I think some of you have been watching "24" a bit too much!

Just think about the COST of "microchipping every bullet." They're going to put a computer chip in each of the millions of rounds fired every day at firing ranges in the hopes of tracking the hundred or so used in murders each day??????

Think of how inefficient that would be! Granted, the government isn't the most efficient of organizations, but they don't have they resources to even begin such a project. Who would implant the microchips? Would they require the companies to do this? Whose chip would be used? What agency would catalog the chips? How would the chips hold up after striking a body and deforming? Who would pay for these chips (the G doesn't have any money)? And microchipping ammo would be found to be cost prohibitive in a microsecond by the courts as an infringement on the 2nd Amendment. In other words, the cost of ammo would SKYROCKET to the point the average person couldn't freely exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

Trust me, guys (and gals), the federal government can't keep up with the 20 million illegals. How can you possible expect them to keep up with 300 million guns and hundreds of millions of rounds of ammo??? They do not have the resources or the ingenuity or the money. Trust me. I know of agencies in our Federal government still using DOS databases and whose IT Technology is cutting edge for the mid-1980s! Does the phrase "low bidder" mean anything to you? Well, if you worked for the G it would!

It is starting to sound a bit like the cat with the tin foil hat around here.

Vanguard.45

Top Bottom