• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reggywill

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Indy (Westside)
    Anyone ever owned a Patriot Safe Co. safe? Or had any experience? Thoughts? I'm thinking of purchasing one mainly because of their 2 hr fire protection but don't know much about the company. Are they worth the money?

heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    I was going to go with a patriot but decided to go with a liberty after looking at what they did during their "torture" tests. Check the videos out on their website. I went with the Fatboy Jr. It had plenty of room, but for some reason I keep finding for more guns in there every time I open it up. If you are not in a hurry wait till DAT when gun safes always go on sale and you'll save quite a bit.

Cedar Creek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Johnson safes in Zionsville are excellent safes as well as haveing great fire ratings.Jeff will build anything you want

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Friend of mine got one last year (a big one) and he was/is very happy with it. He got a really good deal on it and their customer service is good. The safe movers broke the key of in it and he had to call for a replacement.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    If you want to keep things from your kids, these safes are great. If you want to keep things from buglars, look some more. You can cut through the side of most patriot safes with a circular saw. Be wary of any safe that uses gypsum as an insulator. It will emit water vapor and that steam will pretty much ruin anything made of steel or paper (both pretty common in safes). Dial locks are usually more trouble free than electronic locks.

Johnson Safes looks pretty good, but I am relatively happy with my Sturdy Safe.

Read all the reviews you can before you make a decision. There are a lot of cheap stuff out there. If you wish to protect your investments, you may need ot invest a little more.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom