• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Pat doesn't lend himself to commercial endorsements *or* video projects very readily, so when he does both in one whack, it's kind of a Big Deal.

Kudos to Panteao for continuing to bring the big industry names onboard. I wonder how long it will be before we see a "Make Ready: Tactically Shooting Smelly Bearded Men in the Face" video from Pat? Or perhaps "Art of the Tactical Swear Word"? :):

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good vid and I can totally see where he was going to throw some rep your way but he just couldn't stop gushing about the gun and ran out of time!

I made the switch late in 2009 and while I'm still a big fan of Glock and would recommend any shooter look at them as an option, I have to say that the M&P is simply a better fit for me especially when comparing the Glock 17 to the M&P. I still love my Glock 21 and will never get rid of it but that M&P45 has turned into my primary gun.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No mentions of their less than stellar trigger (which they're doing something about on some models) and unacceptable accuracy issues?

They are very reliable despite the above. I've been trying to find a reason to pick one up for a while, just can't justify it until these issues have been resolved. Same goes for glock, though those "seem" to be ironing out.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the trigger is a personal thing. I dont mind them, I dont notice what ever problem some people have with them. Initially they are gritty, but they clean up after they wear in...... and then there is always Apex Tactical parts. :)

but unacceptable accuracy? WTF are you talking about?

IIRC, this is about 200 rounds through an M&P 9 during an ACT IP class:

ACT-IP101-1.jpg

ACT-IP101-2.jpg

if thats not acceptable, then what is?

Last edited:

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    On the trigger:
    Following is a cut/paste from an email reply from Mark Dix of S&W posted on THR.

"Hey Mike,

We are in fact coming out with a cleaner, crisper trigger for the M&P pistols. The initial offering will be for the smaller calibers first- 9mm, .40, and .357Sig. The time line for a full scale production is slated for April/ May. This new trigger should be the standard for the M&Ps come summer. The reset is shorter, crisper, and smoother with none of the “false reset’ that some of the pistols have now.

The only fly in the ointment for you is we haven’t been told when the trigger will be available for the .45, as that will require additional testing as the .45 doesn’t share parts with the other calibers. We haven’t been provided pricing yet for retro-fitting current guns. This system will only be offered for pistols that have or can be setup with the thumb safety. If your .45 has a thumb safety, it will easily convert to the new trigger when it becomes available for the .45.

I hope this helps. I realize it doesn’t answer the two most important questions- when available and how much- but know it’s coming.

M"

Accuracy:

Recent manufacture M&P 9 accuracy - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Pistol Problems - M4Carbine.net Forums

There is thread after thread, this is a commonly known problem among newish production M&P's.

Apex trigger is EXCELLENT, but until their lock up issues are corrected, it's a no go for me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some short dude with a funny New York accent.

I have some additional adjectives I can offer to you if you wish to use them, sir.

I haven't shot the M&P much. It definitely is easier for me to grip and reach the trigger than a Glock, but trigger is too mushy even compared to a Glock. It's good to hear that S&W is upgrading the mechanism. The question is, will the retrofit our older guns and how much will it cost?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom