Please reply by conversation.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Looking for a control valve, maybe a pump. Mine function but I have issues (still) So , if any experts out there on symptoms of my splitter issues would like to help that is wanted too...

Its not moving the ram well at times, sometimes even with no load on it. If you keep trying to run the ram it will kill the motor. Did a service of fluid and filter and no change in operation. If I back the ram up and try it again , no problems but then sometimes in 5 cycles or 25 cycles of the ram it does it again. There is another cylinder and control and I can use it with no issues, its a hoist to pick logs up to the ram, So I am thinking that its in the lower control lever....Thanks. Tim

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Maybe a hose liner that collaspes on occation ?
    With the other cylinder working that kinna eliminates the pump, so what's left, hoses and a spool valve assembly.
    But it sounds like lever / spool valve problem.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    thanks, did not think about a hose... its my first splitter and its a well made home made one. So I am just seeking help. Again Thanks. I am going to start at the lever..

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Are all your controls ( both cylinders ) together on the same pressure , fluid feed ?
    If seperate I would do what I wrote below.
    I would unhook the input / pressure hose to the control valve assy and make sure its good to go.

And if flow and pressure are good I would pull apart the spool valve that you are having problems with. It could be as simple as a broken or missing O ring.

Northern Tools stocks splitter parts.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I would switch the lines from the splitting ram to the lift and see if that solves the issue. If so, lever/valve assembly rebuild or replace. TSC sells them locally.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Also if the engine is killed when the hydro is engaged even if nothing is working I would believe the unloader needs to be adjusted.. I would look at adjusting it after you find the problem, if you can still kill the engine.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom