• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    I own several 9mm pistols and just received my first 45. A Para Warthog. I have had this to the range and love the way it handles. A little hard on the wrist but love the power and size. I almost always carry my 9mm and am thinking about changing to this one. I would carry it with one in the chamber then have the hammer cocked with the safety on and then holstered. However after looking at it real close it seems like something could hit the firing pin and cause a misfire. With the hammer all the way back the pin is exposed. Is there something I'm not seeing. Thanks for all your help.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I believe it has a firing pin safety like a series 80. You'd have to pull the trigger to disengage it. Someone else will come along and set you straight for sure.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    All 1911s are not equal in this regard. Some have safeties to prevent the firing pin from contacting the primer even if smacked with a hammer... which begs the question -- how is something going to get into that little bitty space to strike the firing pin with enough force to cause a(n) A/ND? I suppose it could happen, but I've never heard of it happening IRL. And if you're worried, get a series 2 kimber or the like with the additional safety. According to the Para Warthog's owner's manual, it has such a thing:

Firing Pin Lock: To minimize the risk of accidental discharge that may be the result of the pistol being dropped or
    the muzzle receiving a blow, this safety device prevents
    the movement of the firing pin until the trigger is intentionally pressed.

I could not find an exploded diagram to see the details of their version of it.

Top Bottom