• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    A few weeks ago I saw a post by a woman on facebook: "Now accepting boys sizes XX-XX and girls sizes XX-XX". To me, this just struck me as nothing more than panhandling for clothes, and very low class. It just annoyed the living :poop: out of me. Is it me or wasn't there a time when people would have been embarrassed or ashamed to say that in public?

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    What's wrong with that? Support, delete, unfriend, or ask what for. It may be a way of asking for help. Or starting a new venture. This economy is still kicking folks in the rear.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    People have no pride anymore, none! I don't do facebook myself but I know of one particular family who air ALL of their dirty laundry on that site, from their financial idiocy to affairs, to getting on there mercilessly begging for sympathy and attention. It's sad really.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    A few weeks ago I saw a post by a woman on facebook: "Now accepting boys sizes XX-XX and girls sizes XX-XX". To me, this just struck me as nothing more than panhandling for clothes, and very low class. It just annoyed the living :poop: out of me. Is it me or wasn't there a time when people would have been embarrassed or ashamed to say that in public?

Your post strikes me as very no class.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I don't see what's the big deal?? I haven't had small kids for over 10 years, but we traded out kids clothes with friends all of the time. They out grow them so quickly that buying new all of the time is silly. Often the stuff we traded was in almost new condition. I don't do Facebook, but it's no surprise to be that a post like that would be commonplace if she has friends with kids the same age.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Why do you care? Are you giving her clothes? Are you jealous that you didn't think of it first? As stated some people have no pride and no self respect anymore. And she will most likely get people to give her some clothing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There was a certain "shooter" that made a blaze of glory on here a week or so ago. If you went to her Facebook page, you might find it entertaining to see what he was begging her friends to give him money for.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Absolutely nothing wrong with swapping clothes. This is the type of things social media was made for, connecting people and actually serving a purpose. Too many people use facebook for all kinds of trivial and childish things. Saving money on clothes kids will outgrow anyway seems smart to me. I'm not really sure why you found it so offensive. It's not like she was asking the government to provide clothes for her kids.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    There was a certain "shooter" that made a blaze of glory on here a week or so ago. If you went to her Facebook page, you might find it entertaining to see what he was begging her friends to give him money for.

:lmfao:

On the clothes issue, I see nothing wrong with it. My kids are all grown up now and gone, but we still have some of their old toys, and clothes to give to our grandchildren when that time comes. I know it's not the same but I don't see anything wrong with it. If your not using it, or needing why not let someone else have it, maybe for a small price, or maybe for free.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    :lmfao:

On the clothes issue, I see nothing wrong with it. My kids are all grown up now and gone, but we still have some of their old toys, and clothes to give to our grandchildren when that time comes. I know it's not the same but I don't see anything wrong with it. If your not using it, or needing why not let someone else have it, maybe for a small price, or maybe for free.

Yeah, this. Kids grow out of clothes quickly. I'd rather see them get used by someone who can use them than get thrown away. It's FB, it's not much different than spreading the word among friends verbally, not holding a sign up on a street corner.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Is this person really well off or something? I mean, if they truly can't afford the clothing I don't see the problem with this. I've seen people who make plenty of money beg for charity out of sheer greed though. If that's what happened here I understand your ire.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I see folks trading clothes all the time on Facebook, for their kids. Beats trying to call people. Facebook works great for getting rid of things your kid's outgrown or don't use anymore. I've seen at least one of my FB friends have a virtual yard sale on FB with photo's and the whole shooting match. Worked like a charm and you knew what her prices were, sizes and condition. Didn't even have to go to her house unless you chose to buy something. Don't see what the big huhu is.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I will pray for you. I pray that you never have a time where you need, and don't know where to turn. I pray that you will always be able to buy everything you or your family needs and wants. Because it sounds like you don't have a clue about real life, and being in a time of need. It sounds as if your pride and ego have overwhelmed you.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have several friends with kids just a few months to a year apart. They swap kid clothes constantly cause the kids grow out of them way faster than they can wear them out, especially when they're very young. Why do you take such personal offense to this?

There are even online social groups (including on Facebook) for the very purpose of swapping kids clothes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I am now taking shoe donations for my kids.

They's gonna have big feets.

Need all sizes - baby boy size 5 on up through probably men's 15 or 16 to get him through HS and college.

Girl's size 9 on up to women's 13 to get her through HS and college.

-J-

Top Bottom