• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Funny how having the basics prepped for, causes that warm fuzzy feeling to flow. Martha pass me some more popcorn and the bacon salt!

Hey you know what. The best defense for getting this sorted out is common sense. I just had it out with my old roomates HAG over this same mentaliity: people who won't admit they are living hand to mouth.

She accused me of panicking and living in a bubble because I said common sense, santation and avoiding heavy areas of congregation would nip any threat right in the buttocks. She was like OMG you are gonna lock yourself up in and bury your head in the sand! Then told me I was going to wear a bubble suit if I went out to the store. To which I responded no we have enough for a while to wait anything out if we had to. She was shocked when she asked me if I had enough food for 3 months like Homeland Insecurity tells us to. I told her probably with some careful rationing. Then she really flamed me for being an ostrich. (note to self:order more ammo)
    Excuse me but doesn't a person with some basic intelligence become more aware of their exposure when the media hypes. She said fate is fate so if your number is up there is nothing you can do about it. To which I replied I am smart enough not to tempt fate by stepping in front of a bus. Because if it isn't my time that bus will just push me out of its way.

Seeing a mask doesn't scare me. It makes me think there is someone taking a basc step, even if it is one that is not effective. Maybe if more people just paid attention to the basics we wouldn't even have to think about it.

I just enjoy half of ya freakin out one way and the rest freakin about the other. It is beautiful how those that don't, laugh at those that do. Much easier than admitting you enjoy being one month away from a statistic.

Tamiflu is wonderful but if something really did spread like wildfire just see how fast the chuckle heads bleet when there isn't enough to go around.

Baah Baah ram ewe!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I was going to Grill you for your thread....then I realized it said Pandemic nor Paramedic...my bad, and rep'd for using common sense and staying with the boyscouts #1.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am fighting the same thing at my house with a 12 year old.I am asking her to wash her hands more often ,especially when she comes home from school.She does not get it at all.I am still working on her.As for me I am just being a little more careful. I stopped using cash(CDC report today says this strain of flu can live 48 hours on money in a wallet protected from the sun).And wash my hands often.Other than that my life has not changed at all.Common sense would easily get us through this with little problem...that is if more people had it.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Agreed-this so called "pandemic" is over rated and being spun big time. Why? Thats a good question that I have a theory on but I will let everyone else speculate.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Agreed-this so called "pandemic" is over rated and being spun big time. Why? Thats a good question that I have a theory on but I will let everyone else speculate.

It's a distraction program initiated by Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion for their world domination scheme.

Or it's just to take the focus off the bailout of the auto industry.

Switching off conspiracy theory generator

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

mr-burns-wallpaper.gif

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I was going to Grill you for your thread....then I realized it said Pandemic nor Paramedic...my bad, and rep'd for using common sense and staying with the boyscouts #1.
    Don't feel bad Redneck I did the same thing I was thinking to myself...WTF is in the water lately we have had some serious goofball **** threads!!!!

Then I blinked and realized it said Pandemics.....:n00b:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I posted some relevant stuff in another thread, maybe I can find it.

:edit: here.

Yup, that's just what the media does.

Shark attacks, big news in '01, despite being fewer than '00.
    Unprovoked Shark Attack Statistics

Sars
    There has been one near pandemic to date, between November 2002 and July 2003, with 8,096 known infected cases and 774 deaths (a case-fatality rate of 9.6%) worldwide being listed in the World Health Organization's (WHO) 21 April 2004 concluding report.
    774 deaths out of 8 million (less than the pop of NYC) is only 0.00009%
    Severe acute respiratory syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bird flu, how many exactly died? The best number I can find is 227.
    Cumulative Total Global Human H5N1 Bird Flu Cases

I'm really not concerned about swine flu.

Last edited:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I find this confusing. Most of us agree that having a plan to defend ourselves at the stop n rob is +1. But some of you peeps try to act like hey swine flu doesn't matter. In the big picture I guess you are right. But at the same time. If we just take the common sense approach to sanitation we have already moved generations beyond. I think because it hasn't happened people get a blase skippy, it doesn't matter to me attitude. Some people don't stay home when they are contaigus out of a multitude of reasons. The ones that just don't give a crap are the ones that put everyone at risk. Hearing people say I don't even wash my hands after going to the bathroom are the same ignorant fools that give us the runs from slyders! I believe in the 5 second rule in my house where we control the variables. But some of these kooks want to lick the handrails at disneyland to prove a germ doesn't deserve the same defense as a zombie. I guess they forget what usually happens when outsiders come in contact with isolated tribes in the rainforests. Maybe they just don't care? I truly feel that by treating these germs with some commonsense attitudes is the reason why we wouldn't get wiped out. Not because we have tamiflu or antibacterials. Just keep our contacts controlled wash your damm hands and don't germ everyone up. I swear if these people ever lose a loved one to a germ because they thought they were superman. Whole different tune then. I mean exactly how many have to get sick and die before they feel it is worth washin their hands?

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Sure the media it hyping it, but having flu preps makes you better prepared for a variety of disasters. It is just another layer of preparedness.

Analogy, it has been 30 years since a student was injured in a school fire, yet we spend trillions in smoke detectors and sprinkler systems. Should we stop installing them? Of course not.

Top Bottom