• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    +1 for PSA for not doing backorders, I cant stand to buy something and then the company conveniently informs me that it should ship in six months or so. They have some good deals on complete uppers on there as well. These AR's might bankrupt me but what good is a new lower if you don't have a new upper to slap on it?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    +1 for PSA for not doing backorders, I cant stand to buy something and then the company conveniently informs me that it should ship in six months or so. They have some good deals on complete uppers on there as well. These AR's might bankrupt me but what good is a new lower if you don't have a new upper to slap on it?

I just took out my new PSA 14.5" upper last Sunday, shot great.:yesway: Well worth the $400.

My plan is to use the PSA lower with my .22 upper. Tired of swapping out uppers.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    That's the same one I was eyeballing. $400 a new, complete upper is a sweet deal. I haven't had any experiance with PSA branded firearms but everything else, mostly ammo, that I've got from them was pretty good. How is that upper working out for you? Is the quality and fit and finish up to par?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Actually it fits slightly tighter than the upper that it came with. I'm no AR expert but the finish matches my DPMS lower. It is smooth and consistant. The BCG that came with it appears to be high quality... HP & MPI. Bolt action is smooth. I will say I went ahead and put the BCM BCG I had recently bought in it though. Also swapped out the charging handle for the Gunfighter I had. I'll keep the PSA parts as spares.

The feed ramps are smooth and "correct" like I've seen in a couple of pictures elsewhere. The parkerized finish on the barrel is good, no flaws and the flash hider was welded nice and clean.

I put around 200+ rounds thru it Sunday after sighting it in. I ran Tula, Herters, and Federal brass cased ammo. I had two FTF with the Federal. other than that it ran perfect. I was able to keep within a 3"-4" circle with iron sights at around 50-60 yards. For me that's great, my eyes cannot focus on both front and rear sights anymore.:rolleyes:

IMO overall a big :yesway: for this upper.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Sounds like a winner to me. Thanks for the info and 3''-4'' at 60 yards with irons is good enough to get the job done. I think that why I like shooting steel so much , no annoying little holes to measure just the satisfying sound of lead hitting steel.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I've never messed with the dissapator style upper before but with the Magpul handguard it looks good and its tempting to go with that. I see it has the M4 profile barrel anyways, how hard would it be to change it to the standard configuration is it if turned you don't like the dissapator style?

lnholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    West Lafayette/Wabash
    I just purchased a spikes dissipator style upper not too long ago a little while back....wish I would have waited, could have save myself some $$$. Palmettos upper looks like it has pretty much the same specs as spikes. I may have to buy another.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO.... ME!!!

I heard back from my FFL dealer this evening. My Palmetto lower is ordered!:yesway: Palmetto states if you can order it, it is in stock. So hopefully It will be here next week sometime.

Kind of wished I'd ordered two.:rolleyes:

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO.... ME!!!

I heard back from my FFL dealer this evening. My Palmetto lower is ordered!:yesway: Palmetto states if you can order it, it is in stock. So hopefully It will be here next week sometime.

Kind of wished I'd ordered two.:rolleyes:

Haha! I order 3 on Sunday! I still haven't gotten a chance to shoot my 14.5 upper, so I'm glad you posted about yours. I did however give it the visual once-over after disassembling it. I was quite impressed. The barrel is finished under the FSB, which is a feature usually just seen on top tier guns.:yesway:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I looked and my card has been charged so hopefully they are on the way.

I noticed my card was charged too. Seems I recall reading something on PSA's website about all purchases are charged at the time the order is placed. So I don't know if that is telling us anything or not.:dunno:

Just waiting on the call from my FFL dealer!:yesway: Something tells me it's going to be awhile though.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    If I remember right I think it said to allow 5 days for internal processing, considering it sounds like they got hammered with orders that probably moved up to 10-15 days... That's OK, at that price I'm buying 2 for 1 easy so I can wait!

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I got an email last Wednesday saying that the 3 I ordered were shipped Priority mail. Haven't seen them yet, but I expect a call from my FFL today or worst case tomorrow.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I just came from my FFL. I have three new PSA lowers in my possession. Very nice lowers. Finish looks great. Everything looks like. I'll know more when I build one up, but so far a heck of a lower for $49.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom