• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    i just got my wife a 10/22 today from someone from one here. unfortunately the gun was a POS. not what i was told it was and it didnt function. any how after a little work it now functions but the finish sucks. the gun came in a bullpup stock (which i changed back to stock) so i couldnt see the barrel after i took it off i found all the little nasty's on it. im way over this gun in money and effort but its for my wife.so i was sitting here thinking of my U.S.M.C day when we would paint our m40's. so i thought about doing a little camo job on this. any thoughts or suggestions? any tips to make it last? i bought rust-oleum camouflage flat. not sure how long it will last since she wont be using it half as much as we did in the field. let me know what you think.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    How about replacing everything with aftermarket parts :)

There are tons of gorgeous stocks and barrels out there :)

You know you will end up upgrading them later anyways :)

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I don't know how long paint will stay on the barrel unless you scuff it first and start with primer. They do make some camo tape that I would think should stay on longer. I realize you want to save some money. I have a nice (stock) stock if you would need it and I know you can pick barrels up for around $30

Top Bottom