• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    First, Shout Out to Right to Bear Arms in Haubstadt, IN for hooking me up with this firearm!

Picked up my P227 (Sig, .45 acp, 10 rounds) on Thursday. Took it out to range (Sugar Ridge FWA) today for her first run.

I'm not great @ range reviews, but here goes:
    First Impressions:
    Grip for a double stack .45 was very comfortable. I don't have large hands, so was worried about the grip, but not an issue (yes, checked that out before actually buying).
    Double Action Pull was typical of other Sigs I've shot, long, but manageable.
    Single Action very crisp and light, reset could be better (I don't believe SRT is out yet for P227).
    Accuracy: Better than I, pics below (25 yrds, off hand, and no, I'm not a 2" @ 25 yard guy, obviously).
    Ergonomics: Very nice firearm, the P227 is a keeper for me, very comfortable, and recoil seemed lighter than my M&P 45.
    Weight: I didn't weigh it but was very surprised how light it felt, compared to other Sigs I've owned. No featherweight, but didn't feel heavy.
    Reliability: Only put 80 rounds down her, no issues, flawless. Tried various double taps, rapid fire, slow, DA, SA, etc., no issues.
    Ammo Used: Aquila and Sellier & Bellot, FMJ Brass. (Left HP / Self Defense round @ house, yes, stupid, but good excuse to hit range again).
    Magazine Availability: Zip, Nadda, Zero. However, seems the P250 mags will work with slight base modification, RTBA is ordering one in for me, I'll update if it works.

Recommendation thus far: Buy it if you can find it, thus far, it's my 2nd favorite full size .45 acp (HK45 being favorite).

Yes, I know, this tread is worthless without pics, so although not the best, here we go:

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I will be saving for one of these! Maybe time to sell off an older sig to buy it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    How much did they sell for if you don't mind me asking?

I'm either saving up for this or for a cz 97b. After I send the cz to CGW for a trigger and action job to get it running right, it'll probably be the same price as the p227...oh decisions, decisions...

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    How much did they sell for if you don't mind me asking?

I'm either saving up for this or for a cz 97b. After I send the cz to CGW for a trigger and action job to get it running right, it'll probably be the same price as the p227...oh decisions, decisions...

They were selling for $802 online.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    How is the grip girth compared to the M&P45? I too have short sausage fingers and it is rare to find a comfortable dbl stack 45 for me.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    How is the grip girth compared to the M&P45? I too have short sausage fingers and it is rare to find a comfortable dbl stack 45 for me.

My hands are smaller, I have no issues. Maybe a bit bigger (wider, just slightly), than M&P. I have both, just compared, my finger hits same place on Sig as M&P.

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Been wanting to put my hands on one , have a p226 mk25 and love it I will have one just a matter of time good post

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My hands are smaller, I have no issues. Maybe a bit bigger (wider, just slightly), than M&P. I have both, just compared, my finger hits same place on Sig as M&P.

Good to know, I had an M&P and it was "just" small enough to be comfortable for me. I will definitely have to check one out.

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I saw one of these, and they looked really good. A bit thicker IMO than a 226, but still manageable. If I didn't already have a 220 I'd be all over this bad boy. I had heard rumor of it way back in the early 2000s, and waited and waited for it to be released, but then figured it was just another rumor and picked up a 220 when I found a great deal. Now, a decade later, here it finally is!

-Brian

Top Bottom