• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I recently purchased a P226 ST 9mm and have been considering upgrading to the SRT package. I spoke with Sig's customer service about the conversion today and planned on doing that along with the service plan. I was also considering having them hone it as well. I bought the sig used, but it has the tactical rails, so it's an '05 or later model.

What are everyone's thoughts on the SRT upgrade? Worth it or no? Also, is honing worth the extra $140? Sig offers a package that includes the SRT conversion, full servicing, and honing for $299. Worth it?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Mark

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    I bought my p226 Elite specifically for the SRT trigger. It is the best trigger system my booger picker has ever had the pleasure of fingering.

As far as the other stuff, I have no opinion either way.

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    To better qualify what I meant by honing, the package is called the Action Enhancement Package. It cleans up and hones some of the bits and pieces and is supposed to provide a smoother action and lighter trigger weight (8-DA, 3.5-SA, down from 10-DA, 4-SA). Again, the price they are charging is $140. The work is done by Sig, so there is no issue with voiding any possible warranty through after market modification.

kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a standard Sig P226R, keep us informed if you decide on doing the upgrade. I have looked at the packages but could never "pull" the trigger. :)

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Well... I sent it UPS to Sig this afternoon. I'm having them do the Sig Service Package, Short Reset Trigger Package, Action Enhancement Package, and I've asked them to review the barrel and notify me if it needs to be re-crowned or have the feed ramp polished and I will submit the additional funds to do so.

Anyhow, we'll see what we end up with. Sig days 3-4 weeks as far as the turn around time. I'll keep you posted.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The package you purchased sounds no diffrent than if a 1911 guy sent in his gun to a smith to have new internals put in and a trigger job done.
    With teh SRT there is a noticable diffrence from that of stock and you are taking it to the next level by having them hand fit it all rather than just dropping it in. The price seems fair as it is being done by Sig and the fact that they will be on the hook if anything goes wrong is just icing on the cake. is it worth it.... that's a call you gotta make my friend. But at $299 I don;t think you got hurt.

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I thought I would follow up in regards to having had some work done to my Sig P226. So far I'm very, very happy! The trigger pull is extremely smooth with a nice crisp break. It only took two weeks from the day I shipped it to the day it was returned.

I do have one - and only one - complaint in regards to the service, though. The Sig Full Service Package includes the replacement of the night sights - which they did. My beef is that the rear sight came back terribly out of alignment. It was set all the way to the left in the dovetail slide. I discovered this issue at the range testing everything out and didn't have anything with me to correct it, so I won't say much for the accuracy of the pistol as of now. POI appears to be about four or five inches to the left of the POA at 7 yards... =( The groupings weren't great either, but I suspect that was user error in being so thrown off by the lousy POI.

I've since adjusted the sights to center and will probably spend some time at the range middle of next week doing some final adjustments to get things where I like.

On an entirely different note, my Hogue cocobolo grips came in this week as well. They're beautiful! I love the look of the full stainless with the wood grips. I'll try to take some pictures and post em up this weekend.

MGH

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Pictures of my P226 ST as promised. Not the greatest I'm afraid, but I never claimed to be a photographer. I tried to capture a shot of the feed ramp polishing, but couldn't get it right... It is not an elite model, but I did have the SRT package installed. I also had Sig do their Action Enhancement Package and Full Service Plan work on the pistol as well.

Hoguegrip-1.jpg

Hoguegrip2-1.jpg

Top Bottom