• ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Ok 2 problems:

1.) I have had this kel-tec p11 for a while and I had a few issues right away (bought it from an INGOer who failed to tell me that it was missing one of the recoil springs). Once I got that fixed I took it out to shoot it and ran a box of American Eagle 115 grain FMJs through it w/o a single problem. I loaded up the magazine with 8 Federal Classic 115 grain HiShok JHPs through it and the first round got caught on the feed ramp. When I got that first round in the chamber the gun fired those 8 rounds just fine with no issues. So I loaded up the mag with 12 more HPs and put it away.
    While unloaded the gun to dryfire and then loading it back up I have the problem of the first round getting hung up on the feed ramp. A buddy suggested that it may be that the tip of the round it too flat and that is what is causing it to hang up on the feed ramp. What do you guys think?

2.) The other problem I am having with this gun is that the slide release is pretty much impossible to use to release the slide when it is locked to the rear, even with no mag inserted. Any ideas on how to remedy this?
    In a SHTF situation I would hopefully revert to a slingshot release so this is not a major issue, but it is annoying.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    haha if I thought I could get at least what I paid for it, I might.
    The problem is that I picked it up to fill the role of a deep concealment handgun (something small that I can conceal well), and I don't have any money to add to this to get something else.

I'd rather just get this puppy running smoothly and go from there.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I would just use the slingshot method to release the slide. As far as the ammo issue, try a different HP load. I will suggest the Hornady Critical Defense load or Corbon Powerballs. The Powerballs have an ogive similar to FMJ and should feed fine. I know they are a little more expensive but use them for carry and practice with FMJ.

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    The Keltec manual states that you should slingshot the slide. Ktog web forums has some great info on these. It is a great deep concealment weapon. I never had any problems with mine so I can't help with the feed amp issue.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a P11 and have had a failure to feed so I polished the feed ramp but have not taken it out to test yet.

As far as releasing the slide by disengaging the slide lock, I would suggest that if you are loading it and have a magazine in, pull the slide back and release instead. If you need to release it without a mag, pull the slide while engaging the release. The reason I suggest this is that by continually releasing the slide under pressure could eventually wear the slide release.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the ideas, I have thought about trying different SD rounds and will probably go that way.

As for the slide release, I was just wondering if anyone uses it with any sort of ease. I usually "slingshot" anyways, seems like the slide release is only good to lock the slide on an empty mag.

I have polished the feedramp (it was partially done when I got it) and like I said, no problems with FMJ rounds.

Guess some new HPs is what I need to try now.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I had the same problem with the slide release on my P11 when I first got it. I used a whetstone and polished both the slide and release lever. When you’re working on the lever put a small screwdriver behind it to push it out a bit so you can get a stone on it. Also, be careful the parts don’t become angled by the stone.

Top Bottom