• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Assimilator17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    When it comes to compact handguns, specifically the Kel-tec P-11 and the Walther PPK, both seem to fit the category. That said, they are separated by nearly 70 years, which would you choose based on reliability, quality, etc.; why? This question pertains particularly to accuracy, size, and ergonomics, not so much caliber. Any input would be appreciated.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had a KT P-11 for a short time. MINE didn't have any issues.

I enjoyed carrying it... Hated shooting it.

I've had a PPK clone (Polish P-64, in 9x18) before, too. Never carried that one. The DA triggers on those are horrendous. Over 20lbs is the norm. Liked to look at it, hated shooting it, too.

I think I'd pick the P-11 again, though. Especially if I could somehow get my former one back. 10+1 of 9mm is nothing to sneeze at.

-J-

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    12+1 of 9mm is nothing to sneeze at.

Fixed ;).

But really, I just bought a p11 with a 12 rnd mag and although I have not been able to shoot it yet I really like it. It is one of the newer ones so it has the 8.5 pound spring in it instead of the 10 lb one. I like the feel of it, but like I said, I have not been able to shoot it yet.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got both a P11 and a PPK clone, the bersa 380, which is better in one way, it does not bite the hand that feeds it. The PPK and clone is much more pleasant to shoot. I carry the P11 because of the weight and capacity, in an ankle holster.

Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been carrying a P11 for quite a few months now and just picked up the 12 round mag this past weekend. I picked it b/c of the capacity. I have not had any problem carrying it. It definitely does take some getting used to though. I recommend the Hogue Jr. grip though. I think that helps.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    i would not buy a smith & wesson ppk. i would buy the interarms one though. or a clone of one. the bersa thunder is an excellent firearm

Top Bottom