• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My wife took a .22lr case down her blouse about a month ago and still has what looks like a hickey on her cleavage. It was only there for a second, but she ended up with a blister and now sports a red mark. At least she has a story to tell the women at work as to how it happened. Cases can be hot and if they hit skin immediatly, they will burn. The real downside of this is that my wife will no longer wear low cut tops when she goes shooting. It was a loss for me.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My wife took a .22lr case down her blouse about a month ago and still has what looks like a hickey on her cleavage. It was only there for a second, but she ended up with a blister and now sports a red mark. At least she has a story to tell the women at work as to how it happened. Cases can be hot and if they hit skin immediatly, they will burn. The real downside of this is that my wife will no longer wear low cut tops when she goes shooting. It was a loss for me.

I've had several GFs who've done the hot brass dance while stripping their tops. I helped soothe the burn, of course...

I just looked in the mirror, I do have a bit of a burn on my cheek.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Hot brass shower!

It was nearley a daley occurence in the,"Loach". that when our door gunners were PO'd at us they could walk a stream of hot 7.62 brass from their M-60's right down the inside of our,"Chicken Plate"!! Had no idea where the rounds were going, but they sure were sharpshooters with that brass! Man that smarts! It's been forty years now and the scars have for the most part disappeared. LOL! :D :ar15::patriot:

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I took a 5.56 down the back of my fatigues in Ft. Hood, a spent case from the shooter next door dropped in the tiny gap between my steel pot and collar. I flipped my M16 to safe dropped it on the sand bags and crawled backward off the firing line yelling CHECK FIRE. When I stood up the stupid thing some how managed to get off my neck, down my back and into my pant leg. I shed every piece of equipment and clothing necessary to get that thing out of my britches. The next thing I remember hearing is the range NCOIC saying, (in very calm matter of fact voice) Corporal, pull up your pants, we got females on the range.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I took my sister shooting at the Midwest Guns range in Elkhart about 5-6 months ago. She was shooting the 9mm and took a hot brass down the front of her t-shirt. She did the hot brass dance and shirt shake.....and the brass went into her pants. She then did the Charleston and it finally came out on the right foot. I knew immediately what happened and being the good brother that I am, laughed my butt off.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I took my brother to Midwest Gun and Range to rent a full auto and some handguns for his b-day and since he hadn't shot a handgun before(as far as I know) we shared a lane. The .40 wasn't the brass I was paying much attention to when it would kick off the divider and land on me. We rented an HK36(I believe) and that thing was throwing brass everywhere. I had several end up on my neck and one that slipped down into my hoodie. Got my attention pretty quick. Just a quick pull of the bottom of the hoodie and it fell out.

Went with my brother and a friend another time and I was showing the friend how to safely fire a handgun(he'd never been shooting before at all). He wasn't too fond of the .40 brass bouncing off the divider and landing on him. I did kind of warn him before that you will get hit by brass and it can be a bit hot before his first shot(I was standing behind him with arms crossed and caught the brass in my crossed arms).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I just took a .40 brass that landed on top my safety glasses, rolled inside and lodged against my cheek right under the eye. Man that stings! Got it out right quick too :)
    Near the face had to be painful. I too have done the brass dance when one fell down my t-shirt at Atterbury. It was cold outside and I had just mentioned that I was cold. Not 10 minutes later, the brass found it's way to warm me up.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I just took a .40 brass that landed on top my safety glasses, rolled inside and lodged against my cheek right under the eye. Man that stings! Got it out right quick too :)

I had the same thing happen about 6 months ago. Had a nice sun burnt spot under my eye for a week afterwards. I solved that problem and picked up some glasses with a nice rim on the top that fits closer to my head so the brass can't get through. That or I will wear a hat.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Back when Sycamore Valley Gun Club was located in Bloomington, an unlucky competitor was shooting to the right of an M1 Garand shooter.
    This unlucky competitor was showing a little too much crack while in the sitting position and a piece of 06 managed to wedge itself perfectly between his cheeks. He was able to finish the string of rapid fire but his score, as well as other things, were severely affected.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I took loads of hot brass at the MCFG mini-appleseed. The shooter next to me was shooting a walther bullpup, so instead of her brass flying in front of my head, it was landing right on my mat - down my shirt, under my elbow, etc. Add in a lot of sweat and sunscreen (grease) and it made for some pretty interesting burns. I still have seven visible burns on my left arm - one of which is a huge scab which will not heal (yet). That particular burn came when i was shooting the last string of our last aqt. Prone. I chose to finish the string instead of moving and then resetting myself. The things we'll do for the score. :dunno:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Had a 556 casing go down the back of my shirt once and lodge in the waistband of my boxers. Only by the grace of God did I keep the muzzle of whatever I was shooting downrange and fish it out. Had a perfect impression of the case burnt into my lower back.

Joe

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    HEHE We had a female take 3 pieces of 5.56 from an M249 down her shirt, inside her blouse, inside her IBA at Atterburry one day. She suffered 2nd and 3rd Degree burns on her chest. Best part of the story is that the medic who treated her is a buddy of mine and as I'm standing there taking the report he's got his blue rubber gloves on and says "Ma'am, I'm a medic, but I gotta get inside your bra to treat these wounds"

I nearly pissed myself and later said to him, "Dude she didn't have any burns on her breast" he was just like "I had to make sure man, it's my job".

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Back when Sycamore Valley Gun Club was located in Bloomington, an unlucky competitor was shooting to the right of an M1 Garand shooter.
    This unlucky competitor was showing a little too much crack while in the sitting position and a piece of 06 managed to wedge itself perfectly between his cheeks. He was able to finish the string of rapid fire but his score, as well as other things, were severely affected.

Just the idea of some HXP right out of a Garand chamber in my cheeks, ruins my day just thinking about it. That stuff is too hot to touch for close to a minute out of the chamber.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I quit counting burns from rimfire brass and pistol brass.

I still log and photo really good burns I sustain from 5.56 brass. One summer I had some wicked burns then scars on my neck from three days worth 5.56 brass hitting and sticking on me. I have some photos I took, but the images don't look as bad as they looked in person.

When you're sweating and it sticks, it's the worst!

I also gave quite an array of burns to one of Glock21's buddies during another summer time class. I'm not sure how it was happening, but I put at least half a dozen spent cases from my rifle down the back of his tshirt.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I quit counting burns from rimfire brass and pistol brass.

I still log and photo really good burns I sustain from 5.56 brass.

ditto on the .22 and pistol brass. way too many to count. not usually more than a red mark.

worst so far was attending an appleseed w/ a buddy last fall. shooting prone, my shirt rode up and by the end of the string I had a nice pile of .223 brass from the dude next to me lay in the small of my back... seriously blistered/scabbed.

-rvb

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Last weekend I had my sister shooting my m&P15-22. I showed her how to hold the rifle, its operation, and safety of course. When I gave it to her she loaded the mag, dropped the bolt, and started shooting. She quickly put the gun on safe after a few rounds...I forgot she was a lefty and the brass was raining down on her arm and right shoulder.:):

Top Bottom