• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Would like to hear from the folks that carry OWB under their shirts. What kind of set up are you working with (Belt, holster, firearm, clothing etc)?

Thanks

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I carry a Kahr K40 in a Jak slide, it places the gun between my belt and my pants, belt and holster by galco.

Most of the time I carry this way under a t-shirt or a polo with shorts or jeans.

Last edited:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I assume that is On Waist Band?

KHolster

Kholster001.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    For OWB my most common rig is a leather Don Hume JIT (its his version of a simple slide rig). My belts are typically heavy leather, dual layer. My gun is a 1911, but I will switch up between several different models of 1911 pistols and typically one of my Detonics Combat Masters, a Para Carry9 or a Para Warthog.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    i carry either a glock 19 or my 1911 in an owb blackhawk serpa retention holster, it prints if you carry under a shirt but that doesnt bother me

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    SW40VE and S&W 915 fullsize autos in Fobus paddle rigs - they print like mad but I could care less. The Fobus holsters are cheap but they fit my body well and put the gun where I want it and that is what counts.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I use a wilderness instructors or sometimes black hawk riggers belt. The wilderness belt has the extra rigidity, but the riggers belt still doesn't roll even without the insert the wilderness has.

For holster I'll use a bladetech for concealed and a depending on the situation I'll use a blade tech or a serpa for open carry.

If you are looking for a close to body OWB carry, the biachi accumold belt slide can't be beat:
    34576.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I carry a Sig 226 in a Galco concealable holster with a Galco belt cover with a teeshirt. Printing doesn't bother me because most people dont pay attention anyway

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    SW40VE and S&W 915 fullsize autos in Fobus paddle rigs - they print like mad but I could care less. The Fobus holsters are cheap but they fit my body well and put the gun where I want it and that is what counts.

The Fobus might print, but they are solid, comfortable holsters. One of my favorites.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    G27 in a Don Hume JIT Slide, good leather belt from Kohl's. Basically if you can't double it over squeezing it between your fingers, it's strong enough. Often, if I'm getting hot and the grip is starting to rub, I'll just tuck my shirt behind the holster, leaving the rest untucked. I'm not too concerned about OC vs. CC.

For $25 at my LGS, that Don Hume is an absolute winner.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I carry my XD40SC in a Fobus paddle most days. In an untucked t-shirt or polo it still prints pretty well. If I am trying to conceal I'll wear a dark-colored and loose shirt. I more typically OC, and the Fobus works well in that case.

Top Bottom