• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm sure this has been asked many times, but here I go. What's the law on trading firearms with someone from Illinois? Should I go thru ffl or can I just do a bill of sale? Thanks in advance for any input

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    If you are buying from an individual in IL, you must have them ship to an FFL here in Indiana and you must then complete the transfer through that FFL who will complete the background check.

If you are selling to an individual in IL, then you will need to ship to an FFL in IL and then the buyer will do whatever is needed to purchase that firearm in IL.

Do not under any circumstances meet with an out-of-state individual and buy or sell a firearm. That is illegal!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    K that is what I thought and it's not worth the trouble. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it

davidrock0011

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    I think you have a nice question about the out of state trade law so here I just want to know that first of all .. Do you have your company registered by the federal government.. And have a license for import, export..?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I think you have a nice question about the out of state trade law so here I just want to know that first of all .. Do you have your company registered by the federal government.. And have a license for import, export..?

:dunno:What makes you think this person has a company and even if they did why would it need to be registered with the feds or have a license to import/export for cross state lines (not needed) and why would any of this be any of your business in the first place?????

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :dunno:What makes you think this person has a company and even if they did why would it need to be registered with the feds or have a license to import/export for cross state lines (not needed) and why would any of this be any of your business in the first place?????
    No point in trying to reason with a spambot... ;)

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It was my understanding that you could buy a rifle or shotgun out of state but not a handgun. I didn't know that they had to go through a FFL dealer. Good to know. Example I am in Kentucky and see a rifle I want. All I have to do is buy it through a FFL dealer in that state? If I want to buy a handgun I have to have it shipped to a FFL dealer in the state I live in and go pick it up at that dealer. Is that about it?

Top Bottom