• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    It's been awhile since I've sent a handgun to an out-of-state smith. If memory serves me, I simply shipped it UPS to the FFL gunsmith. After repairs it was sent straight back to me. Is the process still the same?

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I just sent a gun to a smith for some modifications, so I researched into it a good deal. When you ship to a gunsmith your two choices are a private carrier or having an FFL near you ship it through the mail. The FFL will usually charge you for this service. If you opt for a private carrier both UPS and Fedex require next day air shipping, which is expensive. Also, you are correct about the return shipping. The gunsmith can ship it directly back to you.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    You can ship it directly to him using ups or fedex. I shipped mine to robar a couple of years ago and they shipped it right back to me adult signature required.

Thats if they have an FFL

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    My understanding is that if it's repair or customization, as long as the smith you're shipping to has an FFL, you can ship to them, and they ship direct back to you, since no transfer is taking place.

Problems have arisen from people shipping to engravers and such that were not FFL's

Top Bottom