• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Watch this. Very interesting of the questions we will be asked.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDhkPym01k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDhkPym01k[/ame]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just be warned that when you fail to answer all of the questions they will send people to harass you into answering these questions. It's what they do. I had experience with this a few years ago when I refused to participate in their American Community Survey. They show up about 6 or 7 pm and start in on you. They may also go to your neighbours and question them, about you, as well. If you plan on resisting just be prepared for the inevitable.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    they come here they will get met first with dogs then they'll meet my FNP-45....then they don't leave they will go to jail for trespassin'....it isn't none of there beeswax!!!!!

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Remember that when you deal with Census workers, that they're just regular folks trying to earn a living.

My wife will be conducting census surveys. She's been unemployed for a while and we need the money.

Please be kind.

thecanuck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Just be warned that when you fail to answer all of the questions they will send people to harass you into answering these questions. It's what they do. I had experience with this a few years ago when I refused to participate in their American Community Survey. They show up about 6 or 7 pm and start in on you. They may also go to your neighbours and question them, about you, as well. If you plan on resisting just be prepared for the inevitable.

My in-laws got the "long form" last time and the info they wanted to know was unreasonable. She fought it for literally years with people showing up at the doors and all kinds of goofy stuff. Agreed, that the people going door to door are just trying to make a living HOWEVER the people behind them are the beaurocrats you need to be careful of.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My answer will be to tell them how many people, live at this house, and all other answers, will be None of Your Business..... :twocents:

Just some FYI...
    Don't know if they are true or not.

I think the min is
    # of people in house hold
    # of males
    # of adults over 18

The # of males and # of adults has to do (& I can't find the post right now) with another part of the constitution that ask for # of males over 18 in each household. So by just giving # in household there is no way to satisfy the other part of the consitution.

Plus
    Title 13, Section 221 (Census, Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers) of the United States Code reads:

* (a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

* (b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

* (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

(U.S. citizens living outside the United States are not required to respond to the census.)

In other words, you can be fined up to $100 for not answering and up to $500 for lying on the census form.

:dunno:

Here is an article on having to ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
    Constitutional Topic: The Census - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You're not going to be fined. The last thing they want to do is end up in court facing a lawyer challenging the constitutionality of their census. The will leave you alone, eventually, tho.

circle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    they come here they will get met first with dogs then they'll meet my FNP-45....then they don't leave they will go to jail for trespassin'....it isn't none of there beeswax!!!!!
    Nice. I just tested to work for the census today. I've been unable to find work since moving last year for my husband's job. My family needs the income.

Dorothy Stewart, age 71, was killed by dogs in Brown County while working for the 2000 census. When discovered by law enforcement, the dogs "were chewing on her arms and legs." Read it for yourself.

Don't worry. I can't see a census worker refusing to leave your proper-tay when you politely express your unwillingness to participate.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i'll just take off my shirt and expose the mag end of ole trusty and put a chew in just like i do when the fine folks of the local jehovahs witness decide to show up. my fat body and a little stupid countryboy charm will have them running for the next county. "ya'll come on back now, ya hear!"

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i'll just take off my shirt and expose the mag end of ole trusty and put a chew in just like i do when the fine folks of the local jehovahs witness decide to show up. my fat body and a little stupid countryboy charm will have them running for the next county. "ya'll come on back now, ya hear!"

yup pretty much :rockwoot:

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    Well they they will come back the next day and the day after and he day after that etc, etc... :D

Just yell from behind your door in broken english "No speako inglish; no mirga" that should stop them for a few days until they get a Spanish translator. :D:laugh:

na, just give them the thousand yard stare from your front window. don't blink, don't even acknowledge them, just stare, naked while pettting a trantula. after about 2 minutes of that they'll get the picture. i wouldn't come back!:D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Guys...

If I may suggest, the census workers are, as has been said, just coming out to do a Constitutional job and earn some money legally. If you don't want to participate in the census, that's your choice; they WILL get the information one way or another, but please, PLEASE, do not take out your rage against the government by attacking the census workers or even threatening them. Just ask them to leave... They probably will do so, though, wanting to do a good job, they might want to keep trying to ask you for information.
    Just keep in mind that some of them may be fellow INGOers, their wives, children, or friends... They're not your enemy, they're just people.

Be civil, be polite...not a doormat, but not an anus either.

Thanks.
    :ranton:

Blessings,
    Bill

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just some FYI...
    Don't know if they are true or not.

I think the min is
    # of people in house hold
    # of males
    # of adults over 18

The # of males and # of adults has to do (& I can't find the post right now) with another part of the constitution that ask for # of males over 18 in each household. So by just giving # in household there is no way to satisfy the other part of the consitution.

Plus
    Title 13, Section 221 (Census, Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers) of the United States Code reads:

* (a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

* (b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

* (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

(U.S. citizens living outside the United States are not required to respond to the census.)

In other words, you can be fined up to $100 for not answering and up to $500 for lying on the census form.

:dunno:

Here is an article on having to ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
    Constitutional Topic: The Census - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Actually, the max fine for all federal "infractions" (of which failure and providing false info are two) has been bumped to $5,000.

This is cited on the census website and, yes, I did go through and check the very obscure sections and chapters they cited.

Basically, any infraction has a max penalty of $5,000 or the fine listed in the section defining the infraction, whichever is higher, unless that section specifically exempts itself via direct reference to the section which raises the max to $5,000.

Did that make sense? Good. It is actually easier to follow than the laws as written, especially with the four cross-references.

Edit: Almost forgot CMA... IANAL & YMMV

Last edited:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I will be polite as possible I understand they are just tryin to make some money cant knock that. I will however give the the number of people that live in my home and that is all I am required to provide them.

Top Bottom