• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Just wanted to send our thoughts and prayers for our friends down south...Keep your powder dry boys..

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Yeah you guys got hit hard down there! Hope everyone is dry and safe!

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I've been shop vacing out my new basement most of the day. I now know one little change to drainage to make that never have to happen again. It took 3 different routes, just to get in the house. We are high enough on the hill that we did OK. Some people are really bad off.

I hope no one got hit as hard as some I saw today. I think Noah must live in Columbus.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My friend James went down to Madison this morning about 6:30 am

he was stranded just north of Edinburgh as 65, 31 and some other road were all closed. After 3 hours of running all over southern Indiana, they ended up on 74 to get back to Indianapolis.

Apparently the Anhydrous ammonia plant was under about 3' of water with tanks floating around the yard. Which is pretty scary considering how that stuff reacts to water.....

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    The rain has stopped!

We got 7 inches of rain at my house. Our home is high up, so no issues with that. The pond however, sustained damage to the spillway. Much of the rock lining and soil underneath in now 200 yards downstream or in Lake Lemon!

Here's a picture looking toward the spillway and pond.

We feel blessed when we see the extreme damage to others' homes and businesses.

lovemywoods

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Apparently the Anhydrous ammonia plant was under about 3' of water with tanks floating around the yard. Which is pretty scary considering how that stuff reacts to water.....

Everyone's clothes got really clean? :lmfao:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Glad to hear you guys are ok!

We got 7 inches of rain at my house. Our home is high up, so no issues with that. The pond however, sustained damage to the spillway. Much of the rock lining and soil underneath in now 200 yards downstream or in Lake Lemon!

lovemywoods

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

lovemywoods

Apparently we are closer neighbors than what I had realized. I'm a mile south of Lemon (higher up also.) PM me if I can be of any assistance. I've been known put a few hours of hard labor into helping neighbors before.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Yeah most of Columbus is basically washed out. Columbus regional hospital got washed out.

The morgue (basement) is flooded. Oh joy what a job thats going to be to clean up.

We lost several bridges and tons of homes are soaked.

Princess lakes and Shaefer lake no longer exist as their dams exploded.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I haven't heard anything bad about the Crawfordsville area. They are right about where the rains turned off to the north, I think. The dividing line was a little below I-70.

Our minor flooding was a blessing in disguise. We found out our water heater was about to fail. Probably would have been painting upstairs, instead of dealing with everything in the basement until it really went. Only caused about 4 sq feet of drywall damage and just a little more wet carpet. What a crappy weekend.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I haven't heard anything bad about the Crawfordsville area. They are right about where the rains turned off to the north, I think. The dividing line was a little below I-70.

Our minor flooding was a blessing in disguise. We found out our water heater was about to fail. Probably would have been painting upstairs, instead of dealing with everything in the basement until it really went. Only caused about 4 sq feet of drywall damage and just a little more wet carpet. What a crappy weekend.

I'm glad it wasn't worse than that. Still, it's bad enough.

We just lost some of our aging soffits, but we were going to replace them soon anyway - along with putting up gutters (the lack of which is the cause of flooding in our basement)
    My house sits on a slight hill, so most of the water just runs right on past - usually.

I wish everyone the best and hope you all dry out quickly.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Guys, I just went to look at Martinsville this evening, and man o man do they have some trouble. Power is still not on in the south side, just south of the PB station. The entire east side of 37 from just south of Wal-Mart was flooded badly, deep enough that the car lots had a couple of cars with logs on the hods and roofs that had floated there! MANY houses floded about 3-5 foot deep it appears.

My wife and I could not believe it, k-mart on the west side of the road was under water also, and all the other shops and businesses there. Looks like they will have a major cleanup for a while yet.

Feel bad for them and hope they had flood insurance!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Martinsville is screwed. I was down in Spencer today and they were hit pretty bad too. We had a family reunion and went to Bloomington and Martinsville and it was just... OMG... I'm so sorry and our prayers are with you all....I have a bunch of pictures, but this stupid thing wont upload them! LOL tried 6 times. Maybe I'll try again later. I have a few of spencer and a bunch from Martinsville over by 37 at the Super Kmart and those neighborhoods. Also the old pay lake across from Bedford(sp?) Woods on 67 North of Martinsville has become part of the river. I remember that place from a few years back... good times, good time.... Hope everyone is ok. If you know anyone affected by these storms let them know we're praying for them and if there's anything we can all do for them, lets do it.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Part of the road leading towards Lovemywoods cabin was washed out. Some road Debris destroyed my rear right tire too, but that's another story.

Highway 37 was listed as closed at 144? or somewhere close to that. The levees at Princess Lakes were threatening to burst. Which would flood just about everything along the various rivers and creeks that are attached.

and it's going to start raining again on Monday.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The levees at Princess Lakes were threatening to burst. Which would flood just about everything along the various rivers and creeks that are attached.

Living by Evansville growing up we all learned fast not to build or live near the Wabash River. I can only hope those people in Martinsville have flood insurance. It looked REAL BAD.

Can you upload them to imageshack.net or photobucket?

I'll try tomorrow after I get off work. I really need some sleep. One picture is of a Martinsville LEO picking up trash. I think Natalie just wanted a picture of his butt! LOL We just BARELY got a picture of one of the ICE fridges like you see in front of gas stations laying on 37. Theres also a few from Spencer. There's an Apt. Complex on the far East side of town that was submerged. At least the upstairs renters things were ok from the looks of it, but you could tell the 1st floor was underwater up to the tops of the windows and higher in some places.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My brother took this in Columbus.
    He said some of Cummins is underwater and they called off work.

p2090006.jpg

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Yep the Technical Canter and Plant 1 are shut down untill further notice. The houses along Hall creek by the Tech Center were totally sumerged. The GOB/FSP was ok (were I work). But We took a drive around town today, and oh my, the devastation was just.....bad. Franklin (were I live) got nailed pretty good to. All along the creek, the whole park system, the houses and apartments. Ruined most of the police cars. It's bad news all around. We were one of the few lucky ones. No damage at all, but many people weren't so lucky.
    Alot of them probly didn't even have flood insurance. It is very sadening.
    Definatly need to keep everyone in our heart and prayers.

Top Bottom