• ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    JoeMontana said:
    So he got in. He did get a sack. And then the guys carried him off, just playing around. I won't say it was a joke, but it was playing around. He worked his butt off to get where he was and to do the things he did. But not any harder than anyone else.

Wait what? You mean a hollywood production wasn't 100% factually accurate? WTH WHO LET THIS MOVIE OUT OF HOLLYWOOD WITHOUT BEING 100% FACTUALLY ACCURATE?!!?
    :rolleyes:

The moral of the story is, and always has been, people of great character and heart, even if not physically gifted, can attain their own level of greatness.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Wait what? You mean a hollywood production wasn't 100% factually accurate? WTH WHO LET THIS MOVIE OUT OF HOLLYWOOD WITHOUT BEING 100% FACTUALLY ACCURATE?!!?:rolleyes:

The moral of the story is, and always has been, people of great character and heart, even if not physically gifted, can attain their own level of greatness.

It was posted more as a funny..... not as a serious flame.....

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    It was posted more as a funny..... not as a serious flame.....

ok well.... I didn't see purple, and there were some ND Haterade drinkers posting last weekend before the ND/PU game so I wasn't sure.... either way I guess I made my position on the matter clear.

Good find though.

**EDIT** PS..... I haven't heard from very many of those PU fans this week, where they at?

PSS.... Even if ND gets stomped by MI this weekend I'll still be here :D

DagerOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Guess what? A lot of the story is fabricated. Several scenes that were supposedly at Holy Cross College were actually filmed at Notre Dame. Corby's...well, that actually was filmed at Corby's, so that's all good. ;)

The real Rudy is a bit of a tool. It's unfortunate, but true. I've met him a few times, and every time I leave the conversation thinking, "Wow...that guy is his own biggest fan." I love the movie, I love watching it and picking out the places on the campuses where the scenes were filmed...I wish it were true to life and all, but keeping to the actual script wouldn't have been nearly as motivational or uplifting.

And if I have to pick between Rudy or Joe Montana serving as the "voice" of Notre Dame in any aspect, I'm going with the Hall of Fame, multi-Super Bowl winning QB, thank you very much. :)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    PS..... I haven't heard from very many of those PU fans this week, where they at?

Purdue fans alliegence isn't tied to the games won or lost. By the way......when was the last time ND and Purdue played a regular season basketball game? And why would that be?....just askin' ;)

DagerOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Purdue fans alliegence isn't tied to the games won or lost. By the way......when was the last time ND and Purdue played a regular season basketball game? And why would that be?....just askin' ;)

Depends on who you ask. The teams have played 40 times, with each team winning 20, so it's not a matter of anyone feeling like they were dominating or being dominated. Digger Phelps went on record as saying he didn't see the benefit of playing Purdue, and he might have a point. Let's face it, for quite some time, IU has been the premier basketball team in the state of Indiana. Lately, that's not been the case, but in terms of historical significance, it's been IU...then everyone else. ND plays IU off and on, so adding Purdue in really might not have brought much to the table.

Last meeting: ND won 71-59 in South Bend, but that was a postseason NIT game, I think.

Next meeting: 2012.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    **EDIT** PS..... I haven't heard from very many of those PU fans this week, where they at?

We are still here :D waiting for you all to put your IU basketball shirts on when you end up off the bandwagon again in a few weeks ;)

I keeed i keeed :)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    ok well.... I didn't see purple, and there were some ND Haterade drinkers posting last weekend before the ND/PU game so I wasn't sure.... either way I guess I made my position on the matter clear.

No biggy, if ND played my team it would still be ugly for them :D I would like to see ND go back to being really good at some point.
    Texas_Longhorns_39_x_59_Tufted_Acrylic_Rug.jpg

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Joe is just a bit hurt right now that his boy can't cut the mustard for the golden domers! Everybody knows that hollywood twists reality....GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!

steepo17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    NE Indpls

Last time ND played Purdue in a regular season basketball game was March 17 of 2004. Notre Dame won 71-59.

EDIT: Someone already beat me to it....

DagerOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    No biggy, if ND played my team it would still be ugly for them :D I would like to see ND go back to being really good at some point.

Notre Dame is 8-2 all-time against your Longhorns, and won the last meeting in 1996 on the road. They resume the series in 2015. By then Mack Brown will be gone, hopefully Kelly will still be around and for good reason, and ND can continue their dominance.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Last time ND played Purdue in a regular season basketball game was March 17 of 2004. Notre Dame won 71-59.

EDIT: Someone already beat me to it....
    Just for the record, my research shows the last regular season game to have been in 1966...my freshman year. That game you reference was the opening game of the NIT. Purdue is on record wanting to renew the regularly scheduled game, and ND is on record as refusing all thru the Keady era.

Top Bottom