• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I need to replace the case on my iPad and was thinking about getting an otterbox. Right now I have an ifrogz and was happy with it, but have cracked the plastic case at the corners and don't feel it now protects the iPad as well as it used to.

I'm looking for recommendations and the pro/con opinions on the otterbox.

Help me out fellow INGOers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have an Otterbox on my ipad. The port and button covers don't want to stay closed very well. The snap on cover also acts as a stand. My only complaint with that is that it will hold it in landscape well but not vertically. The tabs that hold it up are too far apart to hold it well vertically. The otterbox doesn't come with a screen cover like the iphone otterboxes do.

I've had several otterboxes with 4 different phones now and there's no way I'd be without them or an equivelant case.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    We use an iPad outdoors in dust, dirt and rain for our stunt show. While we use Lifeproof cases for our phones, we chose Otterbox for our iPad. We would go with Otterbox again

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I have an otter box on my iPad for work. Honestly I hate it, it's way too bulky and the screen protector seems to mess with accuracy when typing or making selections.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    We have Galaxy S3's with Otter Box cases. One has the Defender series w/ Holster the other has commuter case. Both have been dropped getting out of truck or knocked from the desk. No problems. On a previous phone had some cheap case on it.....results were not favorable.
    My $.02 is Otterbox is best option, from my experience anyway.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Mine mostly just travels between my office (den, study, man cave) to the couch and back, so I just went with the over-priced Apple magnetic folding cover.

I had to Google the Ottercase to see what you guys were talking about. I stumbled across some videos on YouTube about them. There were other videos comparing them to similar cases. Some visuals might make your research easier.

icon3.gif

:)

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    I don't have an Otterbox for my IPad, it stays at home mostly. But I have had Otterbox cases on my last 3 phones and swear by them.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I had a friend who was working at an Apple Store tell me they don't carry Otterbox products in store because they've been shown to be more likely to cause overheating. When she told me that, I had been debating between an Otterbox and a Griffin for my 3rd generation iPad, so I went with the Griffin. I would recommend it. They have similar specs and a similar price, but one is intentionally not sold in Apple Stores.

Survivor military-duty case for iPad 2 & iPad 3 | Griffin Technology

Top Bottom