OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Not totally sure. I'll send her a text and ask her for her recipe. On the off chance she doesnt reply, I bet there's a recipe on the ole interwebs to be found.

Edit: I bet BD would share his recipe if you asked nicely
    When I make a big batch of chili, I use two pots; one safe for consumption by a northern tongue standard and one more traditional that none of her five spice loving brothers, or most folks, can handle.
    I also don't use chili powder, but that is a more complicated discussion.
    Traditional chili is actually a pepper stew with meat.

Small, kindly flavored pot is a 6qt enameled Dutch oven that gets about eight or so fresh ground cacao beans, which is equivalent to about a heaping tablespoon of Hershey's make do substitute.

But it's also a "to taste" thing and you could double or halve that quantity. Even if you gingerly place a one toe try out amount with just one teaspoon, you'll notice how the combination brings new life to any chili recipe.

OH, and you won't be makin' no Cincinnati chili, just by the addition of some cacao to the mix.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Good morning all!

Long but fun day yesterday. Suppose to be 2 hours 45 minutes each way. Trip down there was 3 hours. Had to stop for lunch and snacks/drinks.

Met the newest family member, a very happy and chubby fella! Smiles ear to ear!

Wish we could have spent more time down there and seen more but we had 7 hours doen there I think.

We did go to the mall for the fiance down there, reminded me of washington square back in the late 80s, but kept up with. Aj wanted to ride the carousel but didnt get to.

Had dinner at Panda, it was good.

Then the drive home. Everyone napped on the way up except me. Got home, aj changed and off to bed I went up. Woke up at 5 as usual and found out she just got him to sleep:(

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Frustrating!
    I used to be the best hitter on the all star baseball team. Now I can't seem to swat a slow moving moth out of the air.
    I've been invaded. I have several in my garage to dispatch.
    Frustrating!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Just brought the trash cans bsck up and to secure anything that may blow away.

Rain was just heavy enough to be more than a sprinkle but not much more yet. And breezy.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Susan just gave me the okay to go to the Indian place. She needs me to pick up some more Ranch dressing at Kroger too, so I'll get that when I get the cocoa/cacao. I guess I should check the Mexican section for cacao?
    You won't find anything fresh.
    Pennsylvania is about as close as you will get to cacao up in these woods.

Still worth a taste test!

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    They have one of the best Captain D's here I've ever been to. Got the sampler and it was excellent.
    Kind of jealous.
    We don't have Capt D anywhere near here.
    Even closed the half mast Long John.

Only fish place is a Culver's, but that's all cod fillet. Good, but not when you crave shrimp.

Top Bottom