OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    No cacao. Just chili powder (lots), Emeril's Essence, garlic powder, liquid smoke and dehydrated jalapenos and habaneros for the seasoning. Stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and hot salsa for the liquid, kidney beans and mushrooms, then ground beef with onions.
    That'll work!

I always make two batches. One for everyone else and a larger, more "spicy" and traditional batch for me.
    That little Mexy mart I mentioned actually has "chile de arbol" and "chile Guajillo" on the shelf.
    :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Beans go everywhere! Daily staple.
    Some don't want them in chili, but not only is my mind open on the subject, so is my mouth!
    I started adding mushrooms after Susan's dad gave us some chicken of the woods that he and a friend had found. They froze well and I decided to try them in chili. Now I just use a can of sliced mushrooms.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Being from Texas, I expected you to lambast me for putting beans in there. :):
    I can tell you a bit of where that nonsense came from.
    It began with those who start with northern Texas deer or prong horn game for chili.
    Something about beans collides with game, unless you smoke the beans as well as the meats. No one takes the time to smoke beans very often.

Chili is usually a "RIGHT NOW" dish to most cowpokes. Knock the horns, hair and hooves off and get it in the pot! No bother to even grind, just go! Flaked, pulled chili, bones in, does not want beans in it. You would likely agree.

Even NW of Abilene where my folks live and I was born and spent every summer until I started my own business, most start with beef. There's always an extra bull no one wants to raise.

Last edited:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I can tell where that nonsense came from.
    It began with those who start with northern Texas deer or prong horn game for chili.
    Something about beans collides with game, unless you smoke the beans as well as the meats. No one takes the time to smoke beans very often.

Chili is usually a "RIGHT NOW" dish to most cowpokes. Knock the horns, hair and hooves off and get it in the pot! No bother to even grind, just go! Flaked, pulled chili does not want beans in it.

Even NW of Abilene where my folks live and I was born and spent every summer until I started my own business, most start with beef. There's always an extra bull no one wants to raise.

Smoked beans!!! :drool:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Smoked beans!!! :drool:
    I learned it honest, honest.
    My mom's dad always kept a walk-in smokehouse going even at 100 degrees in July.
    He usually had a huge pot of beans going in there and Grandma would can some when he was satisfied.

One of my uncles built one for his workings many years ago. He had it easier though. He has a backhoe. The smoke enters through the ground trough that connects the smoldering fire outside to the smokehouse. It works!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom