OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    check your downspouts before the rain gets too hard
    Too late for me. I have one plugged downspout that I've already pulled two dead squirrels out of this season.
    I've not wanted more ladder work for a while.

Luckily, mine overflows and drains directly onto my concrete drive, which readily drains to the street.
    Just makes a big splashy, noisy mess.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n all

Slight breeze and light rain here for now. By the radar and extended forecast it looks like we're going to get the much needed rain we've been missing. Not sure the local farmers are going to appreciate it though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Susan just got up. I knew she didn't have any plans for today so I just let her sleep. But, she's probably not going to be ready for lunch when I am. I may go to the Indian buffet place.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Dog went out back, insisted, then begged. I gave in, fortunately the rain is very light right now.

Did business, but then began sniffing all around the oak tree.
    He was munching something. At first I thought he was eating acorns, but the more I watched, he was passing by plenty of acorns and still foraging for something and eating it.

I've become suspicious he's scrounging for squirrel poop and finding his own treats.
    Not Frenching the boy any time soon.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    No cacao. Just chili powder (lots), Emeril's Essence, garlic powder, liquid smoke and dehydrated jalapenos and habaneros for the seasoning. Stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and hot salsa for the liquid, kidney beans and mushrooms, then ground beef with onions.
    Be sure to look for some Mexican cacao for your chili batch. :):
    Actually, I've only found it in one tiny Mexican mart here in Indiana. I think folks up here call that Cincinnati Chili, but chocolate and chilies together is way older than Mexico itself.

I have usually had to scrape by with Hershey's Dark Cocoa products for my chili madness. :(
    Hey DD, BD has a good suggestion. A old gf made me some authentic Mexican chili and used cacao in hers. Next to traditional spicy Texas chili it is the best spicy sweet meaty chili I've ever had. Adding cacao is definitely worth a try since you like spicy yummy foods.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey DD, BD has a good suggestion. A old gf made me some authentic Mexican chili and used cacao in hers. Next to traditional spicy Texas chili it is the best spicy sweet meaty chili I've ever had. Adding cacao is definitely worth a try since you like spicy yummy foods.
    How much do you add? I don't want to feel like I'm eating Hershey's soup. :):

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    How much do you add? I don't want to feel like I'm eating Hershey's soup. :):
    Not totally sure. I'll send her a text and ask her for her recipe. On the off chance she doesnt reply, I bet there's a recipe on the ole interwebs to be found.

Edit: I bet BD would share his recipe if you asked nicely

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not totally sure. I'll send her a text and ask her for her recipe. On the off chance she doesnt reply, I bet there's a recipe on the ole interwebs to be found.

Edit: I bet BD would share his recipe if you asked nicely
    Yeah, I'm seeing several actually. Some are a little too fancy for me though. :):

Top Bottom