• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    So my work uniform is black pants with a white "dress" shirt.

Thankfully they have become more lenient on that. Now it just has to be a company branded shirt.

And I have this job thing all backwards.
    If the customer has working heat or air, the first thing I do is turn it off so I can do my work. At the end of the day when I am done we turn it on and leave.

:bash:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Been cooking for about three hours, slowly. Browned up some Italian sausage and set it aside.
    Same pot, turned four large red onions, two bulbs of garlic, three stalks of celery, two stalks of fennel into a paste.

Daughter helped with all the chopping and tending the first rendering. Her idea, actually. Mine was to make it a huge batch.

Another big onion, a few slivered carrots, nice big fresh tomatoes, many sweet peppers, another fennel stalk, all for texture, two big cans of tomato sauce. Sausage in.

Time to start adding all the herbs and spices. Nothing outrageous, all Italian flavors, fresh if we have it, like loads of basil and oregano. The rest is from dried source.

Lunch is on and there will be loads of leftover sauce for the freezer.

Haven't decided whether store bought tortellini or ravioli is happening.
    :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    OK, need a short break ( lumbar is angry ) and my second :coffee:. Awful noisy and the crew is breaking up the cement sections of drive needing replaced.

Then I need to go move a couple things and get the golf cart out. Wife and twins decided to run around the lake for a while before time to go swimming. The one twin - they are 11, turn 12 in August ) started her first monthly cycle late yesterday and of course my 73 year old wife has no ‘supplies.’ So that has created some added excitement (??).

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Hey, Hardscrable.
    Hope the concrete work ends up how you need it.
    It will, these guys are pros. The 25% of original cement right outside garage apparently didn’t have proper prep before pouring 30 years ago. Unstable muck isn’t great for concrete done incorrectly. It has cracked, broken up a bit, and various areas sunk some and now is basically tilted/uneven. So this area is being removed, properly prepped, and repoured. After it cures they will be back to resurface remaining part ( so all matches color, etc., fill in stone pops, etc. ) and then seal, etc. it all. So in the end will all look new and be better than original.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    It will, these guys are pros. The 25% of original cement right outside garage apparently didn’t have proper prep before pouring 30 years ago. Unstable muck isn’t great for concrete done incorrectly. It has cracked, broken up a bit, and various areas sunk some and now is basically tilted/uneven. So this area is being removed, properly prepped, and repoured. After it cures they will be back to resurface remaining part ( so all matches color, etc., fill in stone pops, etc. ) and then seal, etc. it all. So in the end will all look new and be better than original.
    Good luck HS!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I cut the mulberry weeds in the area between the grapes and the garden fence. I had let that go, going back several years. So it was a mess. I want to get it where I can take the push mower through there. So all the trees are out along with the tomato cages that were frozen in place by the trees growing up through them.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    there are only 2 types of concrete
    concrete that is cracked
    concrete that is about to crack
    learned that from someone called Fidler

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    there are only 2 types of concrete
    concrete that is cracked
    concrete that is about to crack
    learned that from someone called Fidler
    Yah, I have had my share from some of first ever poured generations ago on our home farm to today. Newer stuff done correctly is pretty darn good stuff. Is pretty hard for any hard surface to never crack in our climate. Simply because of ‘things’ in our 19 years here that we have learned, observed, experienced, etc. & put 2+2 together lead me to bet the bad part wasn’t properly done.

IMG_3908.jpegIMG_3907.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpegIMG_3911.jpeg
    Coming along pretty good towards morning pour

I once knew a man named Fidler from the SW Goshen area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom