Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Afternoon all! Susan took the van to the mechanic that fixed it last (she called and he said he'd take a look) after picking it up from Meineke. She took him for a ride and got it to make the sound again. He said, "That sounds like it's coming from the roof." She pulled in to a neighborhood and he got out and looked. Sure enough, there is a piece of "weatherstripping" or "trim" that had come loose and was flapping in the wind and hitting the roof. :ugh: So we just need to get some Gorilla glue and glue it back down. Mystery solved!

While she was there, he hooked up her antenna wire that had come loose from her radio. All this for no charge. :thumbsup: She did go back in and "tip" him 30 bucks though. Wish we'd have taken it to him in the first place. It did need the CV axles replaced, but I'm sure he'd have been cheaper than Meineke.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    if you can find a local guy that is good and you can trust I would stick with him, even if it is clunking all the way there from Meinike
    I don't know why we didn't think of him first. But then again, he might have missed the CV axles after finding the true source of the noise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom