Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Monday my wife and I both had to go to Ft. Wayne to settle with insurance for my son’s demolished car and sign over title. The adjuster demanded we both be there with IDs to sign title and paperwork as we are co-administrators of estate. They ended up not even talking to my wife or having her sign anything. She was kind of hot about taking 3-4 hours out of her day when not needed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I mowed and chopped up leaves Monday. Need to get collection system on and ready to go whenever it dries out again. Couple trees are shedding heavily.
    My oaks and the maple are just barely starting to turn. Tulip poplar out front has been losing leaves for awhile, but I've been keeping up with them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Monday my wife and I both had to go to Ft. Wayne to settle with insurance for my son’s demolished car and sign over title. The adjuster demanded we both be there with IDs to sign title and paperwork as we are co-administrators of estate. They ended up not even talking to my wife or having her sign anything. She was kind of hot about taking 3-4 hours out of her day when not needed.
    Can't say that I blame her.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    My oaks and the maple are just barely starting to turn. Tulip poplar out front has been losing leaves for awhile, but I've been keeping up with them.
    I have 2 with leaves 90% off, 1 that always takes until about Christmas to be done, and the rest are somewhere in between. Then surrounded by a lot of red oak that shed until spring.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have 2 with leaves 90% off, 1 that always takes until about Christmas to be done, and the rest are somewhere in between. Then surrounded by a lot of red oak that shed until spring.
    The oaks are stubborn for sure. I've got a pin oak and I'm not sure if the other one is red or white honestly. Pin oak has been here since before I was born. The red/white, Dad planted to replace a big cherry tree that got taken down by lightning when I was in high school.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Can't say that I blame her.
    Agree.

We had an incident on the way home that really shook her up. Even today she said ”if I wouldn’t have been along it wouldn’t have happened.” Coming into Syracuse on SR 13 we had several stops to make. I clicked my turn signal to turn right to get gas. No sooner done than wife says “ no, go on to …”. I clicked it off. It blinked once or twice. As I was doing that I looked right, a car flying up. I kept going straight and looked in mirror. The guy had to hit his brakes and needed wait a second to turn as we were now going past in front of him negating his ability to run thru the stop sign and make his turn. He literally exploded into full on road rage. Got with on inches of us, swerving back and for - side to side, screaming, shaking fists, etc. I turned on side street and he followed. Turned again and he follows, still acting out in a rage. Wife is freaking out. One place I had planned to stop was at bank to make a deposit. So I drove side streets, made several turns, avoided anywhere he could pull along side. Came to bank and whipped into drive thru line beside the window. He pulled in line beside us. Still ranting and raving. Wife said he thought he was getting out. Just then teller came to window and spoke to us. He shut his door and took off wildly. I figured there were people at the drive thru along with cameras so as safe as anywhere. Either that or keep driving to the city police station. Not heading out into open corn field territory.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agree.

We had an incident on the way home that really shook her up. Even today she said ”if I wouldn’t have been along it wouldn’t have happened.” Coming into Syracuse on SR 13 we had several stops to make. I clicked my turn signal to turn right to get gas. No sooner done than wife says “ no, go on to …”. I clicked it off. It blinked once or twice. As I was doing that I looked right, a car flying up. I kept going straight and looked in mirror. The guy had to hit his brakes and needed wait a second to turn as we were now going past in front of him negating his ability to run thru the stop sign and make his turn. He literally exploded into full on road rage. Got with on inches of us, swerving back and for - side to side, screaming, shaking fists, etc. I turned on side street and he followed. Turned again and he follows, still acting out in a rage. Wife is freaking out. One place I had planned to stop was at bank to make a deposit. So I drove side streets, made several turns, avoided anywhere he could pull along side. Came to bank and whipped into drive thru line beside the window. He pulled in line beside us. Still ranting and raving. Wife said he thought he was getting out. Just then teller came to window and spoke to us. He shut his door and took off wildly. I figured there were people at the drive thru along with cameras so as safe as anywhere. Either that or keep driving to the city police station. Not heading out into open corn field territory.
    Holy crap! I'm glad it ended safely! People are nuts these days. Obviously it's not limited to the "big cities". I don't get it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom