opinions on list of old firearms i can aquire cheap!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darkwang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Michiana
    hey guys I have here a list of firearms a friend of a friend wants to get rid of. I guess they just sit and he is moving. They were his grandfathers. Ive a done a little research but wanted to see what you guys might have to say about any particular models. This would be assuming maybe $50 max each for most. I understand how vague this list is at this time. No serials either. Thanks so much for any words of advice, price, help, etc!!!

* Eastern Arms single barrel 12g shotgun

* Montgomery Ward Hercules single barrel 16g shotgun

* J.C. Higgins/Sears Model 583.10 single barrel 12g shotgun

* Glenfield model 25 (Marlin 80c or 780?) .22lr

* Western field Model 37 (Mossberg 30,45a, 47?) .22lr

* WWII Japanese rifle(Arisaka?) and sword

*German WWII pistol with leather holster(if he can find it :( ) he wrote a note that says 22 clip, but dont know what that means and dont think he is correct. ( he has zero knowledge of firearms)

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It would be hard for me to turn down any firearm for $50. It would have to be a real piece of junk. I say go for it. Get them in working order, shoot them, and whatever you don't like get rid of.

darkwang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Michiana
    well I doubt the guy is dumb enough to part with the arisaka, sword or luger or $50 , but might still be able to get them cheap! the rest however I was planning on offering $50 max each and do strongly feel he will take it. Good to know you all think that would be good price if I can get it!! Makes me feel more confident in spending a little cash for a lot of firearm.

VostocK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I was not lucky enough to inherit any firearms from my grandfathers , but if I did, you can bet they would be priceless to me. I am dumbfounded how people can inherit things from loved ones then sell them off without batting an eye.

That being said buy every last one of them. If this person is a good friend of yours , hang on to them. Maybe one day he will rethink things and ask to buy them back.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    well I doubt the guy is dumb enough to part with the arisaka, sword or luger or $50 , but might still be able to get them cheap! the rest however I was planning on offering $50 max each and do strongly feel he will take it. Good to know you all think that would be good price if I can get it!! Makes me feel more confident in spending a little cash for a lot of firearm.

German pistol? Then Luger? with .22 "clip" (magazine)? Sounds like a post WW2 reproduction pistol?

darkwang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Michiana
    He is not a close friend. Ive never actually met him, just know him through family member who works with him. Makes that decision easier. I should be able to meet him soon! I cant wait and hope for the best. I am excited to maybe get a few steals. Originally I was thinking how cool it would be to flip them, but now ....... seem like some nice shooters that I would just hold on to! Thanks everyone for the help. Ill update when deal done. maybe pics for opinions, appraisal too! thanks!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I was not lucky enough to inherit any firearms from my grandfathers , but if I did, you can bet they would be priceless to me. I am dumbfounded how people can inherit things from loved ones then sell them off without batting an eye.

That being said buy every last one of them. If this person is a good friend of yours , hang on to them. Maybe one day he will rethink things and ask to buy them back.

I agree with everything in Red

Top Bottom