• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Carmel
    I live near 146th & River Rd in Hamilton County. I have been to Atlanta Conservation Club once for the NRA Basic Pistol Class I took. It seemed like a nice range. I have not been to Hamilton County Fish & Game.
    I would like to hear what you consider the pro's and con's of each and/or any other range in the area you like better. I will only be shooting pistol.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm a member at HCFG and I've only been to Atlanta to watch the USPSA match once. If you are only shooting pistol I would think you would be much better served at Atlanta. Absolutely nothing against HCFG but one pistol bay compared to MANY seems like a no brainier. HCFG is not a "busy" place but if there is pretty much any function going on it is almost always in the one pistol bay that they have. I am much more of a rifle guy so the option of going out to 100 yards and even on occasion 150 yards is the selling point for me (for HCFG). About anyone else chiming in will be a more credible source but thats my 2 cents.
    Best recomendation...Join Both!

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    As a "newer" member (joined after their July open house), I enjoy ACC for the ease (freedom) to shoot at will.

ACC has many weekend events that has me getting involved with the shooting sport. Nothing wrong with that................

I no nothing about HCFG.

Be kind rewind (aka: leave no trace) [carry out what you carry in]

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    As a Hamilton Co. resident I am curious about both of these places I have heard of HCFG,but thought it was private. Can you guys who belong give me some insight on what you need to do to join ACC or HCFG. and what do both offer and what is the cost structure to shoot at these locations?...such as are there dues or what? Thanks

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    As a Hamilton Co. resident I am curious about both of these places I have heard of HCFG,but thought it was private. Can you guys who belong give me some insight on what you need to do to join ACC or HCFG. and what do both offer and what is the cost structure to shoot at these locations?...such as are there dues or what? Thanks

HCF&G has a decent website that explains the membership process fairly well. Hamilton County Fish & Game - Welcome!

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    ACC has a website as well: AtlantaCC.net

The cost is $100/year (Jan to Jan) with dues due by March 1st of that next year.

Check the calender part of the website to see the various activities going on.

Membership meeting on this coming Tuesday.

Tom

Patriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Carmel
    Absolutely nothing against HCFG but one pistol bay compared to MANY seems like a no brainier. HCFG is not a "busy" place but if there is pretty much any function going on it is almost always in the one pistol bay that they have.

ACC has a website as well: AtlantaCC.net

The cost is $100/year (Jan to Jan) with dues due by March 1st of that next year.

Check the calender part of the website to see the various activities going on.

Membership meeting on this coming Tuesday.

Tom

I have contacted Jim Barbour in membership at ACC. I will be attending the meeting tomorrow night.

Thanks for the input guys!

Top Bottom