• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My opinion is that if he draws more than 2% of the vote then he (and the people who vote for him) will be responsible for Barack Obama getting elected because Barr will draw votes away from McCain.

IF YOU WANT TO GIVE UP YOUR GUNS then VOTE FOR BOB BARR?

Will Third Party Candidates Tip the Presidential Race?
    Sunday, May 18, 2008 Email to a Friend

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll has shown a very close race between John McCain and Barack Obama. For most of the past week, they have been essentially tied with typically 4% of voters saying they prefer some other candidate and a similar number remaining undecided.

A separate survey found slightly different results when third-party candidates were mentioned by name. In a four-way race, Obama wins 42% of the vote, McCain 38%, Bob Barr 6% and Ralph Nader 4%. Given those options, 11% were undecided. Barr and Nader were mentioned as candidates of the Libertarian Party and the Green Party respectively.

Barr picked up 7% of the Republican vote, 5% of the Democratic vote, and 5% of the unaffiliated vote. participants to choose between Barack Obama, John McCain and some other candidate.

Nader got 1% of the Republican vote, 3% of the Democratic vote, and 8% support from those not affiliated with either major party.

Rasmussen Reports does not typically include the names of minor third party candidates because early polls tend to dramatically overstate their ultimate level of support. However, it is occasionally useful to review the possibilities and explore what impact these candidates might have on determining the next resident of the White House.

Thirty-nine percent (39%) of voters believe it is somewhat or very likely that a third party candidate will be elected President in the next twenty-five years or so. That includes 10% who consider a third-party President Very Likely.

Most voters—52%--say it is not likely that a third party President will be elected.

The survey also considered a match-up with Senator Hillary Clinton running as an Independent candidate. In that match-up, it’s McCain 32%, Obama 31%, Clinton 22%, Barr 3%, and Nader 3%. In that match-up, Obama wins 50% of the vote from Democrats while Clinton gets 35% and McCain 7%.

It is highly unlikely that Clinton would consider running as a third party candidate. However, a recent survey found that 29% of Democrats would like her to do so if she is not the Democratic Party nominee.

Most voters don’t know enough about Barr to have an opinion of him. Twenty-five percent (25%) have a favorable opinion of Nader while 54% have an unfavorable.​

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    melensdad, if mcAmnesty loses the election it'll be his own fault.

FWIW The GOP deserves to have their butts handed to them for nominating such a dirt bag.

I totally agree with you that the GOP has completely lost its way, it is no longer a party of conservative (Constitutionally speaking) principles. Its now for big government, federal rights over states, and a whole host of hand out programs. The GOP is not much different than the Democratic party, and that is very sad.

However, if McCain loses because we vote for a 3rd party choice that has NO CHANCE of winning, then the reality is that those people who voted for the 3rd party choice, if they cast protest votes to try to save their guns, then they are idiots who tossed away what glimmer of faint hope we might have.

Hillary is not going to win the Democratic primary. Obama is going to take it. Every tracking poll and pundit I can find agrees with that as the most likely outcome. So we are going to be faced with Obama versus McCain. McCain is not our friend, but he is the best we can do, and that sucks. On the other hand, he knows he needs us. So I don't believe he will be to forward in backing gun control, although he may sign whatever is passed.

Obama, is a liar who will take our guns. PERIOD.

FWIW, here is today's Rasmussen Tracking Poll:
    The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that John McCain attracting 47% of the vote nationwide while Barack Obama earns 44%. McCain has been “ahead” by at least two percentage points on four of the last six days. On the other two days during that stretch, the candidates were tied. (see recent daily results). Tracking Poll results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern. Twenty-four percent (24%) of White Democrats nationwide currently say they’ll vote for the Republican candidate, John McCain.

New Senate polling data released today shows veteran Republican Senator Mitch McConnell trailing in Kentucky. In Minnesota, another Republican Senator, Norm Coleman, is narrowly ahead. A column by Dick Morris anticipates a possible “GOP Senate Massacre” in November.

Other polling shows that most Americans say that the economic stimulus package has had no impact. Most also say that the best thing the government can do for the economy is get out of the way. Seventy-one percent (71%) say it’s likely that gas prices will reach $5 a gallon this summer.

McCain is viewed favorably by 50% of voters nationwide and unfavorably by 46%. Obama’s numbers are 48% favorable and 49% unfavorable Opinions about Obama remain stronger. The likely Democratic nominee is viewed Very Favorably by 27% of voters and Very Unfavorably by 34%. For McCain, the numbers are 18% Very Favorable and 23% Very Unfavorable (see recent daily ratings).
    The Rasmussen Reports Balance of Power Calculator shows Democrats leading in states with 200 Electoral Votes while the GOP has the advantage in states with 189. When “leaners” are included, the Democrats enjoy a 260-240 Electoral College lead (see summary of recent state-by-state results). Rasmussen Markets data gives Democrats a 63.6 % chance of winning the White House in November (results are updated on a 24/7 basis by market participants).

In the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, Obama holds a 49% to 43% advantage over Clinton nationally (see recent Democratic Nomination results). As noted over two weeks ago, Rasmussen Reports believes the race is over and that Barack Obama will be the nominee of the Democratic Party. We will stop tracking the Democratic race in the near future to focus exclusively on the Obama-McCain match-up. Data from Rasmussen Markets give Obama a 91.6 % chance of winning the nomination. Among all voters, Clinton is viewed favorably by 48%.​

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    However, if McCain loses because we vote for a 3rd party choice that has NO CHANCE of winning, then the reality is that those people who voted for the 3rd party choice, if they cast protest votes to try to save their guns, then they are idiots who tossed away what glimmer of faint hope we might have.

Personally I don't see a difference between mcAmnesty wanting to ban MOST of my guns and obamma wanting to ban ALL my guns.

Honestly I'd prefer to have them ALL banned, rather than most of them. Why? Because people might actually say NO if obamma bans them all vs mcAmensty banning most of them.

Sorry I honestly view mcAmnesty as the worst of the three simply because people like yourself are more likely to swallow whatever he shoves down your throat. Atleast with obamma there's that "glimmer of faint hope" you might actually not go along with it.

What you are advocating is the same thing that lead to Englands gun bans. Sorry, I can't throw my lot in with traitors no matter what their party affiliation might be or how much "worse" the other guy/gal supposedly is.

I also must scoff at the idea that simply because I have morals and principles somehow that will 'hurt' mcAmnesty in Nov. By that logic your saying you must be unprincipled and utterly void of morals to vote for mcAmnesty?

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."
    - John Quincy Adams, 6th President of The United States of America

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . people like yourself are more likely to swallow whatever he shoves down your throat. Atleast with obamma there's that "glimmer of faint hope" you might actually not go along with it.

What you are advocating is the same thing that lead to Englands gun bans.
    Well we can simply agree to disagree then. But I don't think I will swallow any of the crap that any candidate is throwing around. What I am doing is working on a calculated risk assessment of who I would rather fight once they get into office.

If you have a different opinion that is totally fine with me. But please do not presuppose what you think I advocate because in doing so you are wrong.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I can't stand any of the Big Three.
    I've had enough of compromising my principles and holding my nose while voting.

I'm Voting for Ron Paul even if I have to write him in and Damn the consequences.

Top Bottom