• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • William J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Plainfield
    Hello, New to the site and the AR shooting world in general. This is to be my next purchase for my A2. My question is the Nickel Boron vs Chrome Lined BCG, is it better? Does it require any special care or cleaning? The reason I ask this came up on FB today Black Mil Spec 16" A2 Kit, w/Nickel Boron BCG| Better Pricing And it has free shipping if I can make up my mind today. I guess I just wanted someones input who have put more rounds down range than myself.

Thanks

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    With Labor Day weekend coming I would expect build kits to be available for less than the what you posted. I used different types of bolt carrier groups and I haven't found much difference that couldn't be fixed with a good extractor, heavy spring, or o-ring. The coating on the bolt carrier shouldn't make make much difference on an AR15 for causal use. The standard bolt carrier has the interior of the key and carrier chrome lined and the specially coated bolt carriers usually rely on the specially coating in these areas. For most AR15 I would use a standard bolt carrier group unless the specially coated group were only slightly more expensive.

Slickguns.com posts pricing and special deals for most shooting equipment.

Search results for ar15 build kit | Slickguns

Top Bottom