• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    I have been open carrying for a couple weeks now. I think I like it better than concealed. Its more comfortable. I have not had anyone, yet, confront me or ask me anything. Most people dont even notice. OC in markets, banks, restaurants, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc. Havent been anywhere other than in and around Brownsburg yet however.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Congrats on OC'ing and not being hassled. The most that has happened to me is people ask if I'm a cop. A buddy of mine used to live in Lizton and always went to Brownsburg since it was such a nice city. I also have a cousin who lives there and he really likes it. Just because it's a nice place doesn't mean bad things can't happen. Hopefully you OC'ing keeps the bad guys at bay. Only suggestion is don't get too lax about staying aware of your environment. Also helps as an excuse if my g/f catches me checking out some girl walking by. "Gee honey, I had heard there was a vicious gang of hot chicks wearing short skirts who have a gang symbol tattooed on their inner thigh."

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I think more people notice people OCing AND CCing than the person carrying THINKS sees them.

I think it's the exact opposite, especially for OC. For the most part, by and large, no one either notices or gives a damn. The fact is most people (especially unarmed) just don't pay much attention - to anything. They're certainly not out looking for people carrying.

When I first started OC'ing, I noticed that I was the fidgetty one. I was more concerned about my gun than anyone else, and I know this for certain.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    I've had my LTCH for just over two weeks. I usually CC my pea shooter (pocket carry, its a little 25 acp) but the other day an OC'd it under my belt, no jacket over it. Kind of an OWB afair. I was wearing all black and it was difficult to spot. We were going out and ended up at a church fish fry.

Frankly, my father in law got pissed. He said, "You don't need that here!" I asked, "Oh? You're sure of that are you?" I told him that I'm "legal" but it didn't matter. When I asked him what the big deal was he said people might not like it and leave. When I asked him why that was, he said he just might leave. Understand, my father in law is by no means antigun. Frankly, I was a bit shaken by the exchange. I did take it off my belt. Had I been wearing trousers instead of fairly tight jeans, I would have just dropped it in my pocket.

I guess the moral of the story is that A) watch out for unsuspected sheeple and B) CC is always an option if you're in question.

I'll break this out into another thread so as to not hijack this one.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    I think it's the exact opposite, especially for OC. For the most part, by and large, no one either notices or gives a damn. The fact is most people (especially unarmed) just don't pay much attention - to anything. They're certainly not out looking for people carrying.

When I first started OC'ing, I noticed that I was the fidgetty one. I was more concerned about my gun than anyone else, and I know this for certain.

From my VERY limited experience OCing, I fully agree. From my HIGHLY experienced eye for watching people I also fully agree. If it doesn't beep and flash, they'll never notice it. I notice EVERYONE when they are carrying, always have even before I had a desire to carry. (...mainly because I'm interested in WHAT they are carrying not that they ARE.)

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I bet the people in Il didn't think they needed a gun at church either? I prefer CC'ing and would never OC specifically to avoid hassles like yours. Not that I let other people make decisions for me but I don't care much for verbal diarhea.

Top Bottom