• ...and so much more!
  • Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Hi All,
    I've been carrying concealed for several years now and I want to try out the open carry style. I have a few questions first, though.

1. Why would you want to open your gun? Wouldn't it take longer to re-assemble it before use?

2. Once you open your gun and have all the parts seperate, how do you carry them? Are there "part holsters" such that everything is not mixed up in my pocket?

3. I know that there is always drama associated with open carry but I don't understand that: I would think that an opened/disassembled handgun is much safer than one which is loaded and ready to fire.

4. If presented with a threat, what is the best draw technique: slow and nonchalant, slowly assembling like a small project and hoping the aggressor doesn't realize you have gun parts OR hurriedly putting the parts together while shouting obscenities and cursing the aggressor for slowing up the checkout line, etc?

5. One theme I keep reading is that people who open carry are "compensating." I assume this means for penis size but I'm not sure. Could you first clarify the context here and second explain how the ability to re-build your firearm under stress adds value to every day interactions?

6. I want a gun that is simple enough to assemble quickly BUT may confuse a perpetrator who gets a hold of the parts. I'd hate for someone to steal my weapon and be able to assemble it as quickly as I can.

Thanks all for your input. With such a supportive and invested community such as this I know that I won't go wrong.

-Dobber

P.S. I wanted to post this entire thread in purple but decided people would benefit from waiting until the post script to confirm my sarcasm. Have a great night!

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Since thread == random...why do people "sign" their posts? Serious question. It's not a letter and the author is identified by default.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Damnit hokie. I truly thought I had something original here. FML.

Burnsy, I "sign" my posts to impart a sense of self-involvement. I'm not just some signature who randomly drops in to threads to leave a witty comment or impress the masses with my limitless (lack of) knowledge surrounding every topic you currently, used to, or may ever take interest in. I'm just not that guy. Also, I like to leave post scripts with a high level of frequency. This allows me to convey to readers that I wanted a "last word" and thus causes the message of my post to stay with them.

-Dobber

P.S. Damnit.

Edit: Typos and called Burnsy 'blue' by mistake.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Right it's etiquette because in written letters it verifies the author, in a forum it happens automatically.

Etiquette be damned. If you think that 5 year old girls are a threat to our carry practices, you've obviously never seen a 5 year old girl around a computer. I guarantee you that my account could be commandeered and comments made utilizing college-level grammar on this forum by none other than my 5 year old niece. This is real life. Get on my level.

-Dobber

hokie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The pen is mightier than the sword, or is the keyboard mightier than the ar-15?

this non-witty comment left by someone who's name is signed in the upper left corner

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    If you think that 5 year old girls are a threat to our carry practices, you've obviously never seen a 5 year old girl around a computer.

I do not and I have. 5 year old's do not have the ability to magically know your password.

I guarantee you that my account could be commandeered and comments made utilizing college-level grammar on this forum by none other than my 5 year old niece. This is real life. Get on my level.

As the 5 year old is very unlikely to be college educated I would disagree. What level are you on so that I can try to join you? I would like to get on it but INGO doesn't appear to have an elevator.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom