• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bret B

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I really like Kershaw open assist. A found some now by some companies that offer open assist out the front . Is this a new thing , or have I missed it . They claim that it is legal. Does anyone own one how are they.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    Bret,
    They came out somewhere around 2007 as I recall. The first one I saw was a Schrade. I picked one up for the fun of it. I don't know about the latest ones but the one I have is sort of awkward. The button is low on the handle and you have to grip it so you can push the button toward the blade end. You are starting the initial movement until the spring takes over. (Just like the conventional assisted openers.) It then pops the blade out the end and the button locks it. There is a "swing lever" on the button that you pull a little to the side and then pull the button back to re-cock the blade. The pocket clip actually has a concave dip to give your index finger something to grab while you grasp the handle so low on the knife. It's not the most user friendly knife but with a little practice you can get it out pretty quick. Considering what else is out there these are more of a novelty to me than a serious EDC. And the one I have is rather thick and bulky for pocket carry.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Assisted a opening knives have been legal in IN for a long long time.

Automatic knives will be legal in IN on July 1, 2013.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Bring lots of money and an addiction counselor.

You'll need both.

-J-

I have to disagree with this. If you have a really good support structure of family and friends who are committed and caring enough to support you and give you the tough love you'll need, an addiction counselor may not be necessary.

I'm living proof. Since my wife and BFFs gave me an intervention, I haven't purchased a knife in almost 3 weeks!

:D

But the ZT group buy is calling me man, it's calling me......

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Jeez you think 90's bad, try 200

The knife I really want, a Microtech Select Fire is WAY out of my budget... *sigh*

$90 won't kill us as a family, but I may wake up dead when my wife found out.

"Why do you need another knife, you haven't even touched the big one I bought you for Christmas!" (ESEE Junglas)

Well, honey, why do you need all those shoes?

Granted, the only place that carries shoes big enough for her is Payless, so they're quite cheap (and inexpensive, too) - but she still has a lot of them!

-J-

Top Bottom