• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    woot woot wifey said i can do a canadian bear hunt. i did some research and i cant take my saiga cause its an ak variant (lame) so i get to take my mosin nagant m38. when we went to the boat sport and travel show we met a guy that had some awesome prices for a bear hunt. cant wait to get my tax check and book this trip. im too dang excited

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I can take you to Idaho bear hunting for less than 800.00 out of pocket. Wilderness trip, you must be in good shape as it is a back pack hunt.

Im still trying to figure if I want to go to Alaska or Idaho. :dunno:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Wow. If its the hunt you are going for Idaho sounds like quite the deal. If its scenery and extra curriculars then AK. Done both but it doesn't get much prettier than the Bitter root mountain range.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Wow. If its the hunt you are going for Idaho sounds like quite the deal. If its scenery and extra curriculars then AK. Done both but it doesn't get much prettier than the Bitter root mountain range.

I hunt out of Moose creek in the selway/bitter root mountian range.

Its not an easy hunt, but I have pulled 5 or so bears out of there in 6 years.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've been looking into either an Alaska or British Columbia bear hunt for a 30th birthday present to myself. Probably going with the BC hunt, more color phase and I can get 2 tags.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have thought about going on a Black bear hunt but someone I know in MN who has hunted them said it is not really a hunt. You put down feed and wait for them to come to it then shoot and that you pretty much have to put down feed for them to come out. Also said they are pretty fatty and you have to be carefull cooking them. From what I hear they are pretty tame and not known to attack people.

Brown Bear would be more up my alley........... then it is a HUNT..... either I will hunt them or they will hunt me............

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have thought about going on a Black bear hunt but someone I know in MN who has hunted them said it is not really a hunt. You put down feed and wait for them to come to it then shoot and that you pretty much have to put down feed for them to come out.

Not the kind of hunt I want to go on. Nothing against that type of hunting or dog hunting, but I'd rather spot and stalk. All the AK and BC hunts I've looked into are spot and stalk.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Not the kind of hunt I want to go on. Nothing against that type of hunting or dog hunting, but I'd rather spot and stalk. All the AK and BC hunts I've looked into are spot and stalk.

So are the Idaho bear hunts that I go on. I have shot bears from 287 yards out to as close as 18'. I have gotten better with my stalking ability's.:D

I actually varmint called the old boar in that I killed at 18'. :draw:

I did kill my first bear in Norther California over dogs. It was a fun hunt that lasted 6 hours. The dogs really worked their butts off.:D

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side

I know a guide in MN. He tells me that baiting is really the only effective way to hunt bear up there. Where he is, the terrain is mostly swamp and bog. Real nasty stuff to try and spot, let alone stalk in. I have never taken him up on the offer to come do some hunting, its just not my style either.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I know a guide in MN. He tells me that baiting is really the only effective way to hunt bear up there. Where he is, the terrain is mostly swamp and bog. Real nasty stuff to try and spot, let alone stalk in. I have never taken him up on the offer to come do some hunting, its just not my style either.

Yeah the person I know up there does not even hunt black bear these day's because there really is not sport to it because baiting is really the only way to do it.

Alaskan Brown Bear hunting would be cool but the gun's for those hunt's are rather pricey and so are the hunts.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    ive always wanted to go to texas but if any of the other states have cheaper prices then i would be more than happy to go there,

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    ive always wanted to go to texas but if any of the other states have cheaper prices then i would be more than happy to go there,

There is a reason they are cheaper.........

KY has cheaper Elk hunting then CO but that is because the Elk are a lot smaller...... the cheaper places 9 times out of 10 is because of size..... they have Elk hunting here but I hear they are rather small. For the 1000 pounder's you are going to pay.

Texas is a cool place, I was born there.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    woot woot wifey said i can do a canadian bear hunt. i did some research and i cant take my saiga cause its an ak variant (lame) so i get to take my mosin nagant m38. when we went to the boat sport and travel show we met a guy that had some awesome prices for a bear hunt. cant wait to get my tax check and book this trip. im too dang excited
    Can you fit me in your luggage.....

Top Bottom