• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I did a quick scan of the site, and couldn't find where anybody had posted this. 65 years ago today, the first of two atomic bombs were dropped on Japan. I salute all the heroes who made it possible, and saved countless lives, on both sides.:patriot:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yep, my dad had just finished recuperating from wounds sustained in the battle for that bridge at Remagan when the war there ended, and his unit was told that as soon as he healed sufficiently they were going to be sent to the "area" to prepare for the Japanese mainland invasion.

I am so glad they dropped those two bombs scaring the Japanese into ending hostilities. Good chance I am writing this because of what happened 65 years ago.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yep, my dad had just finished recuperating from wounds sustained in the battle for that bridge at Remagan when the war there ended, and his unit was told that as soon as he healed sufficiently they were going to be sent to the "area" to prepare for the Japanese mainland invasion.

I am so glad they dropped those two bombs scaring the Japanese into ending hostilities. Good chance I am writing this because of what happened 65 years ago.
    That's exactly why today, and Aug 9th interest me so much. My dad was in boot camp in August 45'. It really pisses me off to hear people complain about the atomic bombs, because a crap-load of THEM might not be here if the bombs never fell. I salute your dad, he is a hero!

Top Bottom