• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Took the wife and daughters to the mall today for something to do. We bought few things but I was able to get out of there for under $100 :rockwoot: of course, we pay cash for everything. Real cash, not debit card swipes.

Anyway, I get home and pull out the change in my pocket and found a 1962 dime! Score! It doesn't happen often to me but it has a few times. So this dime will go with the rest of the silver. This would never happen to someone who pays for everything exclusively via plastic.

Anybody else have similar experiences? How often do you get PRE-64 dimes or similar when just out shopping?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I typically pay with cash. Its been awhile since I got a pre-64 dime or quarter. I did get a 1947 nickel a couple of weeks ago.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Makes you feel good when that happens, but silly me would look at the silver dime and figure that one of the people who recently used it was a thief who stole it and didn't know or care that it is worth more than 10 cents.

Never used to be that way.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Makes you feel good when that happens, but silly me would look at the silver dime and figure that one of the people who recently used it was a thief who stole it and didn't know or care that it is worth more than 10 cents.

Never used to be that way.

It's understandably hard not to be that way given the current state of our country.

All the more reason to smile big for even the smallest victories.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have a standard orange prescrition bottle full of silver quarters and an actual handful of dimes.

I got most of them for face value while working as a cashier and several of them as pocket change.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Could you please interject a little more superiority in your OP for those who don't carry around/pay for purchases primarily with cash? I don't think there was enough. ;)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I try to do most of my spending on my Hilton Amex card, we rack up points for free nights in Hilton owned hotels and resorts. We get an average of 5 nights a year. The card has no fee and it's paid off monthly. Groceries, gas, everything....best reward card I ever had.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Took the wife and daughters to the mall today for something to do. We bought few things but I was able to get out of there for under $100 :rockwoot: of course, we pay cash for everything. Real cash, not debit card swipes.

Anyway, I get home and pull out the change in my pocket and found a 1962 dime! Score! It doesn't happen often to me but it has a few times. So this dime will go with the rest of the silver. This would never happen to someone who pays for everything exclusively via plastic.

Anybody else have similar experiences? How often do you get PRE-64 dimes or similar when just out shopping?

So what's it worth? :dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I work with a guy that collects coins, he pays 50 cents for New Hampshire state quarters,:dunno: I get several a week, and have sold him as many as 12 of them at a time. I've made some good money off that guy.:):

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I got 4 silver quarters in 1 week at my local gas station in June. Haven't come across any lately though.

Top Bottom