• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    The MP412 Rex. For those who have never heard of it it was a Russian top break 357 mag revolver. They were never put into full production. I would love to have a auto ejecting top break 357. The lower part of the frame is polymer but Im not sure how much is. Its pretty interesting none the less.

Modern Firearms - IzMech MP-412

1287753538.jpg

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The MP412 Rex. For those who have never heard of it it was a Russian top break 357 mag revolver. They were never put into full production. I would love to have a auto ejecting top break 357. The lower part of the frame is polymer but Im not sure how much is. Its pretty interesting none the less.

Modern Firearms - IzMech MP-412

1287753538.jpg

That is a pretty sweet pistol.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You know, there's a reason that gun manufacturers went away from the top-break design...

Biggest reason was the increased chamber pressure from newer and more powerful cartridges.

I'd just as soon NOT fire a top break .357. :D

What I think WOULD be neat would be a modern double-stack pistol in 7.62x25!

-J-

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    You know, there's a reason that gun manufacturers went away from the top-break design...

Biggest reason was the increased chamber pressure from newer and more powerful cartridges.

-J-

Oh yes Ive thought of that to. I need a CNC machine lol.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I need to sit down and draw my ideal revolver on autocad.

dan wesson barrel change system, Taurus cylinder change system ( so one frame for most calibers) hk/walther style cylinder release, firing off the bottom barrel, nova sight cuts, and a swing up cylinder.

anyone,

Bueler?

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville

-J-
    you mean after you ran me down for the same idea? gave me nothing but crap about it being a rimmed cartridge, and then go post it like you just thought of the idea? thats low man.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    you mean after you ran me down for the same idea? gave me nothing but crap about it being a rimmed cartridge, and then go post it like you just thought of the idea? thats low man.

Ok but I wonder if with modern metallurgy the weapon could be made. Steel in the early 1900s is different from the steel today (in strength). Like S&W in the late 70s got rid of the pinned barrels because it wasnt necessary anymore.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Sorry, hit wrong button. the COP was a top break .357. I owned one, shot it maybe couple hundred times, and the action never got loose. So it is possible to make a top break 357. However, the little thing really stung your hand and it was not very accurate.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom