• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    My Father passed away in May and I have been tasked with taking care of the Estate. This is lifetime of belongings. He was like most of us on the forum. Loved the outdoors and working on cars and just about everything else. This will big a good-sized auction, with something for just about anyone. Below is a link to the auction. It has quite a few pictures but that's only the tip of the iceberg!
    If you're looking for anything, it's probably here!

Thanks for looking and hope some of you can attend

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you (and siblings if you have any) are in a position where you are able to keep what has meaning for you and aren't having to sell everything due to financial reasons.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    It's hard to see a mob of strangers walking through the property and buying your parent's stuff. We had an auction for my parent's estate. As hard as it was to see it was for the best.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    It's hard to see a mob of strangers walking through the property and buying your parent's stuff. We had an auction for my parent's estate. As hard as it was to see it was for the best.
    Yeah, you hate to see pennies on the dollar for all their hard earned stuff, but what's a guy to do with all of it. If you tried to sell it piece by piece, it would take YEARS to get through. This is simplest way, but also the hardest :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, you hate to see pennies on the dollar for all their hard earned stuff, but what's a guy to do with all of it. If you tried to sell it piece by piece, it would take YEARS to get through. This is simplest way, but also the hardest :(
    Yep. Rip the band aid off and be done with it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The last couple auctions i bought guns at they had to go through a ffl. In indiana and i am a resident
    THIS. per one of the other discussions on auctions, auctioneers are considered to be "in the business of selling for a profit" and either need to be a FFL or use a FFL to transfer the guns they auction off.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    THIS. per one of the other discussions on auctions, auctioneers are considered to be "in the business of selling for a profit" and either need to be a FFL or use a FFL to transfer the guns they auction off.
    That's been my experience. Either the auctioneer had his FFL or employed one at the auction to handle the transfers.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Sorry to hear about him.

My Neighbor past years ago and the family had an auction. Stuff moved quick, but surprised me, quite a bit went for more that retail. Another neighbor was there and he walked out. He said you people are nuts, buying for more than retail and pointed to a price sticker on a box from a saw. It went for a chunk above that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom